wire up electric seats from 2005 ls to

beleive

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So Ive pulled my electric seat out of a 2005 lincoln ls. I want to wire them up in an older car (90 Volvo). Can anybody help me here? I want to beable to udjust the height, recline, and back and forth. Not real worried about the heat and cool. Also, want to make sure airbags dont go caboom on me. LOL.

So Ive pulled my electric seat out of a 2005 lincoln ls. I want to wire them up in an older car (90 Volvo). Can anybody help me here? I want to beable to udjust the height, recline, and back and forth. Not real worried about the heat and cool. Also, want to make sure airbags dont go caboom on me. LOL.

I have the diagrams, but I don't think they will help you much. The driver's seat has an electronic module that reads the seat switches and drives the motors. I'm not sure you can use that module and keep it happy without it communicating with other LS modules. You can bypass the module and wire the motors directly to the switches, but I don't know if the driver side ones can handle the motor currents or not.
The passenger side seat is simpler. Maybe you could move the controls from the passenger side to the driver's side. For the airbag, just permanently short the two wires from the airbag together. Even better would be to remove it.
I am assuming here that you are not trying to retain the heated/cooled feature. AFAIK, that's not going to work without the DATC.

Please note. The seat belt system will not be safe when you transplant it to the other car! There's a lot of engineering that goes into those and a lot more stresses involved than you think.

Just wanting to be able to adjust the seats back and forth and recline them.
No dont care to mess with the heating and cooling part of the seat.
Yes like to disable the airbags. I will see if I can remove them w.o. tearing the leather.
The seat belts I will the system in the other car.
Swapping the passenger controls to drivers side would be doable.

If I get a chance, I'll post the diagrams tonight.

Gen2-seat1.png

You need at least the DSM (Driver's Seat Module), and the DDM (Driver's Door Module) may be needed.

I can get them both. The yard is about 2 hrs away. Is there anything you need out of a lincoln. They have quite a few lincolns. Its a pick n pull. Parts are cheap.

Welll I got it all done. I hope this helps somebody. I went back to the j.yard and bought another passenger seat (just the bottom frame and wire harness). Then installed the harness on the d.seat. Was simple and easy. I know have 2 full function electric seats in my Volvo 240. I will say I love the LS and I am looking for one to purchase.

Members online

No members online now.
Back