Wire diagram for 86 LTC

Problem Child

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I need some help tring to put a cd player into my 86 Town Car, but the factory head unit and speaker wires are giving me a hard time.

Problem Child said:
I need some help tring to put a cd player into my 86 Town Car, but the factory head unit and speaker wires are giving me a hard time.

Does your car comes with premium sound system? if so, that why there have alots of wires from premium sound system.

Yea, it's premium sound, can you help me find out how to tell which wires go to which speaker?

If you are not getting any sound after wiring your cd player its because you need to run new speaker wire due to the fact that with premium sound there amps between the factory deck and the speakers which need to be bypassed.I had a no sound issue and rewiring the speakers solved the problem.although I do have one concern sound is pretty good for 18 year old speakers but when I turn on my headlights and have the volume up at all my speakers pop with the base any ideas?

Its crazy the way those things are wired up. I would never try to install a new deck with that old wiring. If I remember correctly there would be like three wires going to one speaker. Mainly I would replace it just for being old and the hassle of trying to hook it up. You could probably have all new wiring installed by the time you figured out how to do it with the old stock wiring.

Members online

No members online now.
Back