Wipers, YES i searched LOL

mrm143

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Getting different feedback on this, so wondering how to handle..
Wiper will not park, they sit just above the park position
Intermittent does not work, just goes either on or off
Speed does work, fast or slow
When you turn them on, and then turn them off, they stop wherever they are when they are turned off

If you use the washer, they will not stop untill the car is turned off

Is this the motor, or the switch, or something else

More than likely the stalk need to be replaced.

More than likely the stalk need to be replaced.

See ive been hearing all different things, stalk, motor, control module...
Thats why i asked... It seems to me the stalk is going to be more of a PITA then doing the whole motor...

The wiper motors are in a PITA place on these cars too... I was looking at my parts car the other day thinking "damn, I hope mine never goes bad"

I know with my '93 I had that issue once, I shut the car off before turning the wipers off and pissed it off somehow. I had to start the car, let the wipers run for a few minutes, then shut the wipers off.. hadn't really acted up since then, but heck the car has sat for a year, and was only driven for 1 year since I owned it. so I bet I'll run in to a host of problems when it is back on the road

The wiper motors are in a PITA place on these cars too... I was looking at my parts car the other day thinking "damn, I hope mine never goes bad"

I know with my '93 I had that issue once, I shut the car off before turning the wipers off and pissed it off somehow. I had to start the car, let the wipers run for a few minutes, then shut the wipers off.. hadn't really acted up since then, but heck the car has sat for a year, and was only driven for 1 year since I owned it. so I bet I'll run in to a host of problems when it is back on the road

I dunno what to buy LOL, intermittant doesnt work, just stays on.. Maybe take the switch out first ( i read up its easy) and clean the contacts, and then go from their...

Unplug wiper motor. Put a meter on the connector (the wire end, not the motor end) and see if you're getting voltage the would correspond with the various stalk positions.

If you are, then it's the motor. If not... well... you can check the fuel pump, but that ain't gonna help you much. Alternately, you can start working towards the stalk with that meter.

Pin Point tests... something that's going out of "our" collective intelligence when it comes to pinpointing an electrical fault, it seems.

I had same exact problem and after replacing everything else it was the motor

Members online

No members online now.
Back