WIPERS multiple issues.

MKVIIILSC

LVC Member
Reaction score
'97 LSC
First issue: Bought this car two years ago. The wipers would not "Hide" when turned off. Otherwise all features (Lo/Hi/Intermittant) work fine.
Now: The only feature that works is Hi speed but only by switching on and off. Hence they stop anywhere on the windshield.

There is no low speed or intermittant. Car has not been wrecked or had any other issues other than I changed to air bag to strutmaster shocks.
Any suggestions very much appreciated!!

My suggestion would be to change out the motor. I had wacky problem with my 06 Dodge ram like what your describing. I bought a new control stick and motor. I put the motor in first and everything worked fine for a few months. Then it started all over again. I took the new motor apart and found it was a faulty design exactly like the original motor. There was no drain hole for any water that would get in past a crappy cover gasket. It was half full of water. The controlling contacts were all corroded from the water intrusion. I bought a second new motor, took it apart, drilled a drain hole at the bottom edge of the internals and the motor works all of the functions perfectly now for a couple of years. You might be able to take it apart and just clean the contacts up and Dipol grease everthing up. Up to you.

I like the water angle. My MK is an outdoor car and it lives in a wet climate.
The motor is strong.
I'm going to look toward relays. They must be somewhere in there. I doubt all that current goes thru the turn signal lever
Thanks ALL!

Members online

No members online now.
Back