Wiper motor issues

MysticMac

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wondering the relay for the wiper motor under the hood of the car is labeled Relay #1 and I look under the hood and there is nothing in the relay 1 slot and I put a spare in there and there is nothing for the relay to connect too

Wipers don’t work and out of nowhere my wipers stopped working.

43FADB39-3C32-4463-BB33-96F3C7D3DA2B.jpeg

Just wondering the relay for the wiper motor under the hood of the car is labeled Relay #1 and I look under the hood and there is nothing in the relay 1 slot and I put a spare in there and there is nothing for the relay to connect too

Wipers don’t work and out of nowhere my wipers stopped working.
I thought that you had a 2005 (2nd gen LS)?
Are you looking in a 1st gen manual for some reason? Stop doing that, it will only confuse things. Stick to the 2nd gen manual. There are no wiper relays on the 2nd gen. It uses a "smart" wiper motor with the drive electronics builtin.

Fuse 26 (5A) in the cabin fuse box drives the wiper electronics.
Fuse 20 (30A) in the underhood fuse box powers the wiper motor itself.

I thought that you had a 2005 (2nd gen LS)?
Are you looking in a 1st gen manual for some reason? Stop doing that, it will only confuse things. Stick to the 2nd gen manual. There are no wiper relays on the 2nd gen. It uses a "smart" wiper motor with the drive electronics builtin.

Fuse 26 (5A) in the cabin fuse box drives the wiper electronics.
Fuse 20 (30A) in the underhood fuse box powers the wiper motor itself.
Those fuses are good Joegr

If fuses are good the motor is probably weak or dead, try putting the wiper max setting without the arms on it and maybe twist the shaft to see if it's the motor works
My 2000 wiper motor let go but it was just super weak and only worked with no arms on it.. Replaced the motor with one from a ford escape I had laying around lol

If fuses are good the motor is probably weak or dead, try putting the wiper max setting without the arms on it and maybe twist the shaft to see if it's the motor works
My 2000 wiper motor let go but it was just super weak and only worked with no arms on it.. Replaced the motor with one from a ford escape I had laying around lol
Be warned that your gen 1 is way different than the gen 2. I had similar problems with my 04, and it was the connections to the smart board inside the motor. Your 2000 was just a normal motor with the electronics and relays external to it. The 2003 and up have the electronics and relays built into the motor.

Didn't know that but it can be the brushes that are worn and most people won't even bother replacing the brushes and just buy a new motor. So in his case having a gen2 motor that has the electronics and relays inside I'd just buy a new motor

Members online

No members online now.
Back