Wiper Dysfunction on 95 Mark

boodaghost

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hows about this............. Wipers only work on the highest speed. Then, stop wherever you turn them off. If you time it right, you can get them to stop below drivers field of view. Relay??? Bad switch??? Help!!!!

I have a similair issue with mine..

When on they only work in the higher speeds, the delay does not work.. And when you use the turn signal they stop working sometimes.

Any idea's ???

CSimonGo said:
I have a similair issue with mine..

When on they only work in the higher speeds, the delay does not work.. And when you use the turn signal they stop working sometimes.

Any idea's ???

Because you have 2 different problems, but both go thru the mult-function switch, I would be almost certain (like 99% certain) that your multi-function switch is bad. Give Max @ 5 Star Ford a call 1-800-866-1520 ext. 236 and order yourself a new multi-function switch.....that should fix your problem.

Low speed inoperative ...

• Open circuit(s) between wiper motor and wiper control module.
  • Damaged multi-function switch
  • Damaged wiper motor or WCM.

Wipers will not park...

• No power ground at wiper motor
  • Damage wiper motor or WCM
  • Damaged multi-function switch

Now that JP mentioned it it MAY be a bad wiper motor......your symptoms are the exact same ones I had......and replaced the multi-function switch and did not fix it.....it ended up being the motor itself.

Hi All
First I want to wish you all a Happy and Safe New Year.
The wiper motor is $190.00 and LVC cost is $113.00 and the switch is $91.00 and LVC cost is $53.00. I will say I sell a lot more of the switches than motors. But if it were me, like Ray said, if I replaced the switch the motor would be bad and visa versa. Been there done that.
Oh I do stock the switches(sell a lot) but can get the motor in a day or so(sold 2 this year).

Most of the time if it is a 'park' issue it is the motor. The switch has nothing to do with the park function.....at least that is what I found out with mine. I am not saying that the problem is not the switch, but for the 'park' problem it most likely is the motor. For the intermittant wiper failure.....where it only works on high....then it is most likely the switch.

Hey I had this issue as well and I swapped the Wiper Motor, that was definately the fix and thankfully was under warranty!

Also had this issue on my 2002 Mercury Sable, it was ALSO the wiper motor...

btw, HAPPY NEW YEAR

Members online

Back