Wiper arms

lakers14fan

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I need to remove the wiper arms on my 92 Mark VII LSC SE. I had a 66 Mustang and all I had to do was flip the cap at the base to access the nut, but it doesn't seem to be that way on the Mark. Any help would be appreciated.
My Best,
John

arms

If you lift the arm up you will notice a small tab right next to the arm pivot on the arm base. slide it out..it just moves a little and carfully let the arm down. It should not touch the glass...being held back by the tab. Then just wiggle the arm...noticing where it is in relation to the bottom of the glass and lift off.

Max

Removing Entire wiper arm assembly

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I should have made it clearer that I am trying to remove the entire wiper arm assy.that goes over the round part at the base, not just the arms. Thanks,
John

If you lift the arm up you will notice a small tab right next to the arm pivot on the arm base. slide it out..it just moves a little and carfully let the arm down. It should not touch the glass...being held back by the tab. Then just wiggle the arm...noticing where it is in relation to the bottom of the glass and lift off.

Max

Hi,
I did find the tab and did as you instructed, but the wiper arms will not come off. I've tried many times and no luck. Anyone else have this problem ?
John

Try spraying wd-40 where the wiper arm goes on the shaft and let it sit for an hour. Then slide that little tab out of the way and use 2 screw drivers on each side of the wiper and slowly work it up.

Thank You!!!!

I want to thank mrzeee & ricks90billblass for helping me fix the problem. I misunderstood mrzeee at first, but he was right about the removal process.Thanks again guys,I really appreciate it!!!!
John

Members online

No members online now.
Back