Winter's coming...

pektel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I finally put the winter wheels on. What a change in ride from the 19's. It's like riding on a cloud now. :)

Gave her a quick ONR wash. Going to give it a few coats of sealant over the next couple days, before it really gets cold.

Oh, and I changed my tips to Magnaflow double wall angle cut 4". The previous ones were beyond repair. They were chrome, and were getting really corroded.

Only one picture came out decent. I'll try to take a few more later:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

One thing about the tips: I'm upset with the shop that did them. It was the same shop that installed the mufflers for me when I did the cutouts. I had them do 2.25" pipe from resonators back the last time. When they did the tips this time, they fit a 2.25" pipe to slide into the 2.5" outlet on the muffler (not a big deal), but to connect the tip to the muffler, they fit a small pipe into the tip inlet. I'm thinking that it's really constricting flow. I may have them redo it, but I probably have to pay for it.

She looks GOOD !!!!!!!!! I actually look forward to putting stockers on each year. car lightens up, and floats down the road!...Plus a can get a little crazy and not worry about it... too much :D

Looks good! What sealant do you use?

I'm up in the air still about which one. Since I'm all out of Collinite 845 (My first choice for winter wax), I'll probably use Blackfire AFPP. I really like the looks of it, and durability is decent. It'll either be that or Duragloss 105. Though the duragloss isn't quite as slick.

Looks good man! Thankfully, we don't have this problem in Florida, but the ride of my LS is the exact reason why I won't put after market wheels on my LS. Would much rather the smooth ride and the LS has some pretty decent stock wheel options.

Eff it... one more picture. This is the best one of the front. Though it was the wrong angle, wrong time of day, etc. This is what happens when you drink before taking photos lol:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I know what you mean about winter. It's supposed to be showery (30% chance) and ~63º on Friday. Not to worry, though. We will be back in the mid-70s by Monday!

36 degrees and raining right now up here. F*cker. :p

36 degrees and raining right now up here. F*cker. :p

Supposed to me upper 80s/lower 90s today!!

Then again, gas is ~$4.15 per..... And my gas/electric bill was ~$170 (no A/C).

36º

Holy crap. Learn something new every day.

Yeah, winter.

I guess it's time to throw my two 50 lb. sandbags in the trunk.

Just ONR'd mine as well, still have to seal it with FK1000p and install the splash guards. Had so many leaves stuck in my wheel wells and on the side rockers :(

its was 26º when i got in my car this morning...had to defrost the windows :(

I love the look of your car from the front. I can't wait to color match my grille like yours.

its was 26º when i got in my car this morning...had to defrost the windows :(

I love the look of your car from the front. I can't wait to color match my grille like yours.

I'm presently sitting outside at the food court at the mall. Shorts, Aloha shirt and canvas boaters with no socks. The sun sure feels nice! It must be 75 degrees (no degree symbol on the iPad?)!

OK, I give, what is ONR ?

.... and 'Aloha shirts' Can I get those here in Canada ?

Optimum No Rinse. Just wipe panel, dry, done. No rinsing needed. I must admit it's the only thing my car has seen for over a year.

OK, I give, what is ONR ?

.... and 'Aloha shirts' Can I get those here in Canada ?

Probably not. Remember, no one ships to Canada, eh.

Aloha shirt......

madgie_shirt_001.jpg

Nice, I'm getting me a USA address and ordering a magnum shirt like that.
do they make them insulated ?

Oh BTW, Pektel, excellent pics of your LS, real good, quality photos for a drunk lad.

Probably not. Remember, no one ships to Canada, eh.

Aloha shirt......

madgie_shirt_001.jpg

They just moved Air Canada to my terminal at work. They're much nicer than Americans in general. Those names are something else though.

Oh snap I forgot about those alt codes. ♥∞

Yes, winter is coming. I will be winterizing this weekend by going out on the boat Saturday and Sunday.

Optimum No Rinse. Just wipe panel, dry, done. No rinsing needed. I must admit it's the only thing my car has seen for over a year.

If you never let it get too dirty, then it's really all you need.

Oh BTW, Pektel, excellent pics of your LS, real good, quality photos for a drunk lad.

Thanks. Glad I have a decent back yard to take photos. We were drinking bloody mary's, smoking a couple racks of ribs, so I pulled the car around back to listen to some music.

Members online

Back