winter tires

Smoothe_LJ

LVC Member
Reaction score
so after my first snow storm i realized i need way better tires. I slide into the curb and had to buy a lower control arm and get an alignment. What kind of tires are you guys using for the winter weather. I have the stock 17's on a 2000 ls v8. what brands and sizes are good?

General Altimax Arctic - 215/55 17

When I drive sensibly, it's as if there was no snow on the ground at all. Love them.

DSC_3449_s.jpg

I paid $400 studded and installed for Hankooks I ice. They make ice seem sticky and deep powder is nothing. Very impressed, and I live at the base of a ski resort :)

After the Blizzaks wore out, I went with some Michelin Xi2 and no complaints as of yet.

Studded tires aren't legal in some areas, same with chains.

Skinny tires like M4rk shows are probably best for snow. If that sidewall reads 215 those are pizza cutters

I run another set of rims mounted with 215/60-16 Dunlop Graspic. Work great until they have 15,000 miles on them then they are done as far as snow duty. After 3 seasons and 15,000 miles I run them out during the summer and get new ones (even though the old ones only have 25,000 miles by then). For deep snow (12 inches or more where I'm making first tracks up the hill) going to the ski resort I use chains.

Members online

Back