Winter Tires?

dzienkob

LVC Member
Reaction score
For all you guys out there that drive their LS's throughout the winter months in the midwest, what kind of snow tires are you using? I'm looking into snow tires for the wife's LS and am interested in the Dunlop SP Winter Sport M3 tires size 225/55HR17. What do you guys think and what are you guys using?

do a search, this has been covered a couple times. i have michelin pilot alpin's. they're so-so and VERY noisy.

I heard blizzacs are very good but very soft, you'll leave a lot of rubber on the road.

225/55HR17 will be substantially larger in diameter than the stock 235/50s. You would be better off with 215/55s, which match stock very well.

Blizzaks will allow you climb a mountain. Here in the midwest we don't really get that much snow, but when we do you will be glad you have Blizzaks equipped. I decided to rather play it safe then sorry. This will be my second season for my Blizzaks and i'm not easy on them.

02V8Sport said:
Blizzaks they are quiet and the car handles like a 4x4

I have used Blizzaks on my 95 Mark, 92 Grand Marque and 90 TC.

They were great, never got stuck once. They are smooth but dont last very long - maybe 10K. On the Marque I did get some tire rub if I cranked the wheel hard over.

Also had them on the wifes 'stang. She burned them off in about 3K but that is just hw way she drives - full bore all the time. If it aint smok'n then it aint movin'.:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back