Windshield wipers not working

Adam Moore

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
My windshield wipers stopped working out of nowhere and it sounded like it was the windshield motor. It was making an weird whinding noise or something. So i just put on a new motor and it makes the same noise which leads me to believe its not that. The only other option i can think it would be is the switch. All the fuses and relays tested good. If you think it is something i could use the help

check this

so you changed the motor and it still makes the noise.....could it be that something in the wiper gearing is stuck? so the motor just binds up? make sure the motor is able to cycle the arms freely. Next check voltage to the motor to see you are getting enough power.

Ya nothing is bound up because i can move the blades manually smoothly. Voltage seems to be good. I started to tap my switch/steering control and the blades came up half way and then stopped. I believe i have a short in there or the switch is bad. I havent got to the blower issue yet because this is a little more important however Rain ex has been very good to me in the rainy weather.

Members online

No members online now.
Back