Windshield washer pump

kkiley

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Of course, when it's zero degrees outside, my windshield washer pump stopped working.
The turn stalk is fine, wipers are being activated, just no noise from the washer pump.
Is the pump located at the bottom of the tank? Seems to be an available item.
I looked on the site and didn't find much info on it.
Thanks!

Yup... pump is mounted on the bottom of the reservoir.

It's not hard to get to. You have to unbolt the fender liner to get access to it.

Removing the wheel makes it easier... but not necessary.

Before you buy a pump, make sure it is getting power. The washer stopped on my 04, and it turned out to be a problem in the electronics in the wiper motor. (Like you, the wipers ran, but the pump did not.)

I have new washer fluid, so it's not frozen.
My passenger front rim is leaking air, so I need to take it off to get fixed.
When I do that, I will get the VOM out and see if it's a power issue or the pump.
Thanks guys!

I have new washer fluid, so it's not frozen.
My passenger front rim is leaking air, so I need to take it off to get fixed.
When I do that, I will get the VOM out and see if it's a power issue or the pump.
Thanks guys!
Believe it or not it could be caused by plant life in the WW tank. Happened to mine.

My 2000 went dead, pump works with 12 volts applied, but it's not getting power from the electronics. I carry a janitor spray bottle of prestone windshield washer de-icer spray and have to clean the windshield by spraying the automatic wipers sensor. It works amazingly lol.

Mine didn't function on the way to work. I wonder why?

IMG_20220126_052049088.jpg

Parked my car in a semi heated garage... and the washer pump started working again. Hmm.

If it hasn't all but disappeard from the store shelves(due to Covid)... try adding some 91% Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol to your washer fluid. About 16oz.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I'll try a little rubbing alcohol and see if that works.

Yeah... I drove to work in negative temps again today... and tried the window washers a couple times... and they worked.

It has to be the 91% isopropyl...anything weaker is just water.

Or replace the fluid you have in there with fluid rated for a lower temp.

It's 24 right now, warming up to 30 later. I just filled the fluid a couple of weeks ago, so it should be stable.

Members online

No members online now.
Back