Windshield replacement. What windshields are Interchangable

DonDotta

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I need a new windshield for my 98 Mark, and I was wondering if I could use the windshield for a Thunderbird or 93-96 Mark viii. Or is the 97-98 one the only one I can use.

Great!! Thanks guys. I asked because I was on car-part.com, and they were only bringing up the 97-98 windshields when I searched for the windshield. However, when I put in a 96 Mark, they brought up cougars, thunderbirds, and 93-96 Mark viii.

I don't mean to add to any confusion, but the part numbers tell a different story.

93 Mark (early) F3LY-6303100-A (superceded by F4SZ-6303100-B below)
93-96 Mark F4SZ-6303100-B
97-98 Mark F7LZ-6303100-AB

89-93 T-bird FOSZ-6303100-A
94-97 T-bird F4SZ-6303100-B (same as 93-96 mark)

So 94-97 T-bird windshields have the same part# as first gen Marks, but second gen marks have their own number. If you guys are saying that first and second gen Marks are interchangeable, then it follows that, at the very least, 94-97 T-bird windshields will indeed work.

Maybe the difference in part numbers is in the tint?

+1

Our local glass shop put mine in, wasn't even expensive. And they didn't use one of the cheap Chinese aftermarkets, either (avoid those like the plague).

The reason car-part showed only 97-98 windshields - don't they have the antenna wire in them while the 93-96 Mark's (and Birds and Cougars) don't?

The reason car-part showed only 97-98 windshields - don't they have the antenna wire in them while the 93-96 Mark's (and Birds and Cougars) don't?

The Gen 2 antenna is in the rear window, not the front.

I call a junkyard and they had a windshield from a Thunderbird that was $75 installed, but they said it wouldn't fit and they couldn't install it. This is a great deal, is there anyway I can convince them that the windshield would fit?

What the hell?? Are there not Mark VIII windshields in Chicago???

LOL

1279875480_face-kick.gif

A used windshield's a waste of money. Any other glass in the car I could see replacing with used, but not the windshield. You'll wind up paying 75, any shop is gonna charge around 100 to put it in (with no guarantee against breakage, one little rock chip could take off and then it's toast), and then you have an old windshield that's almost certainly pitted to hell. The windshield you need is (if I remember correctly) a DW1028 (NAGS part number), the glass place will look it up. Shouldn't cost you more than around 300 installed.

Members online

Back