Windshield replaced..now Compass is malfunctioning.

lseguy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Had my windshield replaced, and I'd REALLY prefer not to go back there.

In short, the compass on the rear view mirror now reads "100" with the "f" and "c" on top of each other, just to the right of the "100".

If I press and hold the button on the mirror that turns the compass LCD off/on, it will cycle through numbers..1 through 18 or so...I think.

But regardless, cant get the compass back on.

Is there some form of reset procedure I need to follow?

any assistance is appreciated.

2002 V8 LSE

i can email you the other pdf's...too big to post here

Attachments

• S3X~us~en~file=S3XJ2011.pdf~gen~ref.pdf
    14.5 KB · Views: 113
Thanks!

The .PDF states to press the compass button until a "C" appears on the display. (approx 6 seconds). Unfortunately, a "C" never appears. after 6 seconds the number "1" appears, then disappears/goes back to "100 c/f" after about 10 seconds or so.

Perhaps more info is on the remining .PDFs?

r_browne@y a h oo dot com.

Thanks!

Before you do the compass calibration procedure you need to select the geographic zone you live in. Those zones are the numbers 1 through 18 that you are seeing in the mirror display. Maryland is in zone 11. So repeatedly press the control until you get to 11 and then release.

You may not even have to do the calibration procedure. That's usually only necessary if the mirror has been magnetized in some way. If your mirror was only unplugged for a period of time, it just needs to know where it is located geographical.

By the way.... all of this information is in your owners manual under the Compass listing.

yeah the other pdf has all the zone maps, etc and that procedure

Yikes! The owners manual. Im embarassed. Sorry guys. Heading out to read up on that right now. For some reason, I assumed there was a more serious issue that wasnt touched by the manual, but I'll definitely go check out the zones/the section in the manual now. I'll report back how it went.

Don’t forget to drive in circles to orientate.
I walk in circles to orientate myself daily.

LOL. Thanks GC.

Well..cracked open the owners manual..and no dice.

The "C" never appears on my display. After I cycle through the numbers (zones) and stop at "11" (my zone for Maryland), within about 10 seconds, the display goes back to the initial "100" with the small "c" over the small "f" (Im guessing these are obviously for fahrenheit and celsius) to the right of the "100".

So it appears the compass is stuck in some form of error mode, or is now defective?

Members online

No members online now.
Back