Windshield Defrost Settings?

tarawa

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Lincoln LS and I dont seem to get a lot of air out of the defrost vents. Does the heat have to be at a certain temperature setting? If I am in the auto setting, pressing the defrost button shuts off the auto setting. Living in South Florida, I only use (or in this case try to use) the defrost to keep the windshield from fogging. Also with defrost on, air still blows from the upper A/C vents. Thanks in advance.

The defrost setting only overrides the auto air outlet selection. Auto temperature and auto fan speed should still be "automatic."

It sounds like you may have some problem with some of the air doors. Run the DATC self test and report any errors that come up.

Start at "Front Panel DATC Module Self-Test (On-Demand Diagnostic Trouble Codes — DTCs) "

http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6xc0003.htm~gen~ref.htm

I just realized that the air only seems to come out of the upper A/C vents no matter what I do. not just defrost?????? What controls the doors?

I just realized that the air only seems to come out of the upper A/C vents no matter what I do. not just defrost?????? What controls the doors?

There are a few little electric servos that control airflow doors, all controlled by the DATC. Please run the self diagnostic mentioned above and post the results. It will indicate if there are any problems there.

After getting nowhere with the codes, I crawled under the dash to investigate. What I found was the actuator arm rod connector hanging down and not connected to the door above it. It seems that the plastic bracket on the door where the metal rod attaches is broken off. I guess I will have to find another door or fabricate a bracket.

I fabricated a small aluminum bracket and attached to door. The actuator seems to be functioning and it seems like I am getting some air from the defroster, but not forcefull. I cant seem to get the DATC scan to work regardless of what method I try. Can there be a problem with the controls?

Please describe exactly how you are trying to start the DATC self test.

Is the key on (run position)?

Do you press and hold OFF and DEFROST at exactly the same time?

Do you release OFF and DEFROST at exactly the same time about a second later?

Do you then press AUTO about one second after that?

Members online

Back