Windows ??

Fla02LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My rear drivers side window seems to be off track, the motor goes up and down but the glass itself can be moved manually once the motor goes down. How does the glass become detached from the motor/frame? Or better yet, How do you fix such a problem?

sounds like a bum window regulator to me. I had the same "symptoms" and that was the issue. Cost me $180 to get fixed at local repair shop

If it's what i think it is, the bottom of the window came loose from the little tabs where its' held in by the regulator. I'd take the door panel off, get new sticky tabs, replace the old ones, and be done with it. I had to do the same thing on my old Supercoupe.

Total parts less than 10 bucks.

I remember there being a write-up on taking the door off, but I can't find it. You should be able to figure it out okay though.

I read up alot on the regulators, but most of those windows just stopped working or completely failed. Mine just seems to have become dislodged from the motor part, otherwise it works fine. I guess i'll take it apart and see whats going on inside.

Your 05 should still be under warranty. Let the dealer replace the window regulator. If that is not convenient, reattach the glass to the regulator. Either way it's one of those little pains associated with the LS. Pick your poison.

Your 05 should still be under warranty. Let the dealer replace the window regulator. If that is not convenient, reattach the glass to the regulator. Either way it's one of those little pains associated with the LS. Pick your poison.

I have 53k on it so its out of warranty. I saw someone else mentioned little "clips". What are those and what would i ask for? Window clips? I plan on taking apart my door when i get home today. I have seen the write-up on replacing the regulator, but what exactly is going on inside the door? Why does the glass coming apart have anything to do with the regulator? I would think its a hardware issue not a mechanical issue. From the write-up there are cables and a metal frame that the glass sits on and supposedly little clips that hold the glass. Can the glass just get duck taped to the metal track or do the wires need to move? I guess i'll figure things out once i am looking at it but just trying to gather info before i tear into it. I am really really needing to get my windows tinted and this window issue is prolonging it.

P.S. On a '03+ door panel, does the part around the handle still pop off? My door has a section of wood then the silver part around the handle.

The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. The piece that is attatched to the window came off the track. As long as it isn't broken, it can be snapped back in place. You'll have to take everything out to do so and hopefully the cable didn't get spit out of the regulator (like mine did). The cable can be put back in place, but it's a major PITA.

I have 53k on it so its out of warranty.
Ahhh I see. You must drive a lot. My 04 has just over 56k and I thought that was high.

P.S. On a '03+ door panel, does the part around the handle still pop off? My door has a section of wood then the silver part around the handle.

I dont recall for certain but I believe this part is attached to the door and does not come off.

Members online

No members online now.
Back