Windows wont open

112 LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I had taken the driver door panel off to have a go at the window regulator years ago. Well, I never got around to it. I've now come to find that none on the windows are working. The sunroof kind of works (if I fuss with the opener, seems to be getting stuck).

My question is, does the driver door panel need to be connected for the other windows to operate? I'm hoping the mice haven't chewed up my wiring....

Thanks

By panel, do you mean just the door skin with the window, lock, memory, and mirror switches?

What happens if you put your key in the driver's door and turn it to unlock and hold it there? (If this works, turn it to lock and hold it there to put them back up.)

Yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. The more I think about it the less sense it makes, IIRC the doors are all independent and have their own control modules. Maybe the mice got me worse than I originally thought....

That's a great idea Joe!. Also reminded me that I should be able to open all the windows with the key fob by holding down the open button.

The master window switch has a window lock button. It's possible that having the switch disconnected makes it seem like the lock switch is in the lock position, locking out the rear window switches. (I think that the front passenger window can't be locked.)

Note that in older, non-electronic, cars, unplugging the main (driver's) window switches would keep all the other windows from working, since power for all the other windows had to route through the main switch.

Members online

No members online now.
Back