Windows broke...rain in forecast lol

jtammerine

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
my window has been making a clunk noise when rolled halfway down & when rolled all the way down well this morning it decided not to come back up im not sure if its the regulator or w.e but if i press the button to roll up it makes a sound as if its rolling up but never rolls up..?? please help supposed to rain tomorrow

pretty sure ya regulator broke. sounds like what happened when mine broke

and like your situation i had rain the next day too. i took mine to goodyear and they wanted an arm and a leg to just take the door panel off. so i left there, went home and removed it. found a long enough piece of wood, prop'd the window up all the way, and drilled a couple screws thru some holes in the door structure (i guess u can say) and it worked out pretty good til i got my new regulator

Last edited:
so i left there, went home and removed it. found a long enough piece of wood, prop'd the window up all the way, and drilled a couple screws thru some holes in the door structure (i guess u can say) and it worked out pretty good til i got my new regulator

Good ingenuity. Mine went the day I fixed my broken door handle, go figure. I was able to lift the window up into place and it stays as long as I don't drive it.

dNyce LS, where did you buy your regulator from and any tips on replacement?

oh geez, its been two years now lol. from what i remember, it was fairly simple. it was my first time doing one, but im also mechanically inclined.

what i do remember is that i had to wiggle the old regulator out, and i put the new one in in the 'down' position to fit in the door easier

At least one hour of labor, and parts of course lol. Hopefully wherever you take it will have the part available

it jus happened to me, parts are about 100 from ford, dont let em try and make u get the motor too

took me and my brother bout an hr to get the new 1 in

ford was tryin to charge like $240 jus to install it

was quoted 340 to fix it i want to order the part and try to install myself..can someone help?.. will a gen 1 regulator work?

i wish i knew if i even need the motor to get my window fix the place could of wanted to screw me over..

i wish i knew if i even need the motor to get my window fix the place could of wanted to screw me over..
check autozone.. comes with lifetime warranty.. and they will replace it if it messes up again

Members online

Back