Window regulator ?

91300zx

LVC Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to test the window reg. motors? I need to both front window regulators and noticed a lot don't come with the motors. I'm assuming I can just reuse the old ones? Any input is appreciated.

Is there a way to test the window reg. motors? I need to both front window regulators and noticed a lot don't come with the motors. I'm assuming I can just reuse the old ones? Any input is appreciated.

If you hear the motor trying to move the window, it's good. Yes, the motors are reusable. The rears have 3 fasteners and the front, IIRC, 4.

If you hear the motor trying to move the window, it's good. Yes, the motors are reusable. The rears have 3 fasteners and the front, IIRC, 4.
Thanks. Driver side is good not sure about the passanger side.

Might better to just replace the whole assembly, cause if the motor go you'll be right back in there replacing it.

On my 2002 LS I've replaced all the window regulators over the years but still using the original motors. Motor failure is rare imo.

Might better to just replace the whole assembly, cause if the motor go you'll be right back in there replacing it.

I surely wouldn't waste the money on something that wasn't needed. the plastic parts of the regulator breaking in one of the more common LS issues, as for the motor itself, not really. dont think I have ever seen an issue from one on here. between both of my LS, I never had to replace a motor, but I did have to replace three regulators (and I think the fourth is on its way out...)

Got a rear regulator from Napa for ~$88. The regulator sans motor was over $100 from Ford. That was a no-brainier for me.

Members online

Back