Window Regulator Problem

00LincLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with the window Regulator on the passenger side door? I know the crappy clips on them break easily. Started having problems with the window rolling all the way up. Even with you pushing up on the window it still doesn’t go all the way up. So I’m thinking it’s got to be the clips on the Regulator, correct?

I don’t want to buy a whole new Regulator since the Regulator in that door has been replaced twice now. Found these clips on Amazon and was wondering if anybody has bought them and what exactly makes them different from the ones that come on the Regulator?

https://www.amazon.com/RegulatorFix-Lincoln-Window-Regulator-Repair/dp/B00K2X56DQ

They are not any different, other than they haven't broken yet.
Your symptoms do not suggest the clips, but rather probably the plastic cable guide parts at the ends of the rails. That said, you won't know till you open up the door and have a look.

Good quality regulators should last for years if installed correctly. Even the Dorman ones have lasted for a while for me (not as long as the originals though).

Members online

No members online now.
Back