Window Regulator - Plastic Runner Clips Available

StanE

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered before:

For those of us with LS window regulators that are failing (but not yet totally broken), there is a UK company (Osco Ltd.) on E-Bay that sells the plastic runner clips separately for $20 per door (2 per door - and they are slightly different in shape). These plastic runner clips are the weak point in the system and are the cause of failure in 90% of cases. You can tell (on a front door at least) if your clips are compromised and about to fail if you hear a creaking noise when you wind the window all the way closed. IF YOU CATCH IT NOW and install the new clips before the old ones break completely, you can avoid replacing the entire regulator assembly. Typically you will find that the old clips will more or less disintregate as they are removed. I noticed that the new ones from Osco are a slightly different color, so maybe the composition of the plastic material itself has been changed/improved.

The actual replacement process for the clips is a little fiddly, but not that difficult. It is certainly no more difficult than replacing an entire regulator assembly, as the clips can be replaced without taking the entire regulator unit out of the door. I just finished my front passenger door this evening in the dark , with my son holding a flashlight!

Vietcong is not a place. That's like saying you went to Taliban.

I wish I knew about the clips...I just replaced my DS regulator earlier this month. Also, the UK stands for United Kingdom, which is ironically from where the Jaguar based LS's components are sourced, so buying domestically would conflict with owning the LS.

Hi LS'd = If you have not yet replaced your passenger window regulator, buy the clips now and do it anyway - I'm betting that the clips are cracked already and it's just a matter of time..........admittedly my passenger window clips held for 10 years and 115k miles, but you never know when they are going to give up.

I did my entire driver's side regulator a couple of years ago and both rear door regulators were replaced when the car was still under warranty (after one of those failed).

sounds like an ad. and a really poor one at that.

What the ???

sounds like an ad. and a really poor one at that.

Sounds like a fairly useful tip to me. Went to eBay, searched for Lincoln LS window regulators and couldn't find a rear regulator clip. Searched for OSCO, went to their store and found the LS clips.
$12. Shipping is steep, but I don't need a regulator.

lswindowregclip.gif

See http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Linc...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Sounds like a fairly useful tip to me. Went to eBay, searched for Lincoln LS window regulators and couldn't find a rear regulator clip. Searched for OSCO, went to their store and found the LS clips.
$12. Shipping is steep, but I don't need a regulator.

Thank you - that's exactly what it was intended to be.

My case exactly

Sounds like a fairly useful tip to me.

Thank you - that's exactly what it was intended to be.

No problem, good info for me anyway. YMMV. I heard the cracking, rolled the window and left it. Pulled the door panel this weekend and everything is still intact, but the plastic regulator clip is obviously deteriorated and cracked in several places. On the verge....

no problem, good info for me anyway. Ymmv. I heard the cracking, rolled the window and left it. Pulled the door panel this weekend and everything is still intact, but the plastic regulator clip is obviously deteriorated and cracked in several places. On the verge....

get the clips now!! :)

i bought the front clips

Yep, my regulator clips broke in the front and rear. I bought the front clips from a place in turkey on ebay, took about 10 days to arrive in usa. they work great. the rear door regulators were replaced before the clips became available :(

Does anyone have images of the clip replacement or is it basically the same as the images from the regulator replacement, you simple have to disconnect the clip instead?

Thanks :) nice to know that now that ive replaced two regulators...

So what exactly do these clips do??
Im slightly confused on what exactly they do.
[my problem]
my rear driver side window is malfunctioning. The regulator still goes up and down and will even push the window up and keep it closed. only thing is the window doesnt go down when i press the button. it just stays stuck in the top channel.
Are these the guys that can fix my issue with out going through and buying a whole new regulator?

My left rear has been creaking for about 6 mos..... This means that it is going to pop soon?

I was going to ask the same question. My driver side has been squeaking of late. Read another post that said it's just the rubber. Lubricated it, and it went away for a while but came back. Lubricated the vertical, went away and came back. So this is a sign the clip is failing? Could lead to regulator replacement? Good grief, I literally just had my trans rebuilt, now this and I think a dccv issue. What a month.
:mad:

what the clips do...

the window is raised and lowered via steel cables, these cables have ends to them, both ends are attached to the clips. As the cables are moved back and forth by the window motor, the clips ride (slide) up and down the regulator rails. The window glass is held in place by a clamp which mounts on the clip. As the cable moves back and forth the window is lowered or raised up. The rear window setup is somewhat different.

Is there a place to get thoes clamps cheep like the clips?
casuse if its a 20 dollar fix i would love to do it...but gettin ready to drop 120bucks on each side of my steering wheel for new buttons is gonna hurt here and i dont wanna get a whole new window set up if i can avoid it.

clamps

those clamps are only on the front door regulators. how can yours be missing? no where for them to go except inside the lower door. check around the junk yards for cheap metal clamps or maybe ebay. lots of people replace their entire assembly on this board, put out a want to buy message on the forum. someone may have some old ones for free.

ok so if the clamps are only on the front windows. what is wrong with my rear window then??
as i posted b4 the regulator will go up and down, and it even pushes the window up and will seal it shut on its own. But when i press the down button, the window just stays stuck up in the top of the sill unless i grab it with my hands and pull down gently on it.
So far ive come to that , obviously the window has become detached from the regulator in some form...but is all i need to do is perhaps take of a door pannel and tighten some nut and screw that holds the window on the regulator?
as you said there are no clips....

sorry about being a noobie here....but ive only been able to find the write ups on the front door. but thats not much help as my issue is the rear door which as noted is different.

Arrived home last evening and when I opened the drivers door, I heard the sound of something small and plastic falling to the bottom of the door. Pulled off the door panel tonight and found 2 chunks of regulator clips in the door. I'm not surprised, the drivers door window has creaked for years.

Inspected the regulators as best as I could with a mirror without disassembly and they appear intact.

Tried some of the links and search recommendations on eBay from above but they are out of date. I did find these from a seller, regulatorfix in Brighton MI.

Lincoln LS Window Regulator Repair Clips (2) Front Left Set (pair) Driver Side | eBay

Does anyone have any experience with these? I went ahead and ordered pairs for both front doors since they were $5.99 a pair.

Replacement clips will be here Mon or Tue. May try to replace after work this week.

Plan to follow the guidance in V-8s thread.
Window Regulator Replacement. How-To w/ Pictures.

Also found a good video on YouTube showing replacing the clips only.

Looks like the video may even be a LS regulator. Will report out on how it goes and the quality of the clips. For $6 per door, quality is suspect and I may be wasting my time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back