Window Regulator broke , Shop asking 500$

ESP J

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
ok so a few weeks back , we had a beautiful day and i rolled down my windows to let the stank out, lol ....no but seriously when i rolled down the front passengers window i heard a few clicks and and then the windows just slid all the way down , surprisingly the window didn't break , i took it to a shop and the said i would need the regulator , they gave me a quote of about 500$ to fix it , hell my deductible is 500$ might as well should have someone hit my car , problem is im trying to find the regulator and i cant find it online , i only find the ones with 2 pin connection , my car has 8 pin connection ,

after seeing videos on youtube im pretty sure i could do the job myself , just take a little longer but heck i have nothing better to do on my days off

oh
P.S. the motor still works i can hear it when i accidentally push the window butto

do i need the motor and regulator or can i just switch out the regulator?

1st, tell them to go kick rocks and politely show them the universal sign for your #1
2nd, buy the regulator from rockauto for $80
3rd, spend an hour or two replacing it.

ESP,

Its an easy fix! Just remember the little white plastic round clip that holds the window has a center piece that gets pushed out to allow removal of the round clip.

Fun times!

... problem is im trying to find the regulator and i cant find it online , i only find the ones with 2 pin connection , my car has 8 pin connection
do i need the motor and regulator or can i just switch out the regulator?

The regulator has no electrical connection, only the motor does. You don't need the motor, just the regulator. You can find that just about anywhere.

23208 Regulator - Window - Less Motor **4Z-5423208-AA RH, inner, From: 11/18/2002 To: 04/13/2006 2003/ 2006 $86.75

This happened to me this morning - driver side window fell down into door on my 2004 LS.

Any instructions on the site to change the regulator?

At least here, the local(small time) auto glass shops are very reasonable. May want to check into one after u get the part. I have had 2 die over the years and have less than $225 in parts and labor to fix both of them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back