Window Regulator Assembly compatibility

karmanarx

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
This seems fairly straight forward

no differences between gen 1 and gen 2 window assemblies correct?

Does anyone else feel like the assembly is the least likely reason my window wont go up?

Thanks so much in advance everyone

(Regulator added to title)

Last edited:
Window Assembly...do you mean the regulator? When you press the button does any noise happen at all? Pull the door panel off and pull the motor out. It's not difficult at all. See if the motor spins freely when it's off of the regulator. If so then those garbage plastic gears within the motor that Ford used are probably turned to gel. They can be replaced without junking the entire motor.

it makes a noise like it's trying when i press the button but then it stops, it doesn't sound like its spinning freely.

the motor is a refurb, 1 week of use by me... It feels unlikely to me that the motor would break so quickly. It worked fantastically right before it got stuck down again.

the window is currently stuck down

And yes, I'm sorry. I did mean the regulator. The big metal hinge...

And once again, is there cross compatibility across both generations for these parts? The parts currently on ebay only reference 96 - 98.

'95 here

Ford's used that exact window motor going back to the 1960s. It has hundreds of applications in pretty much every vehicle they ever made.

Glad to see you still have the car. It sounds like the plastic bushings in the motor failed. I would take the door panel off and thoroughly lubricate the window tracks and regulator. FYI...there's a gen II in the Davie U Pull It. Remove the window motor and swap it out or just buy the replacement bushings at any auto part store.

In over 30 years I had only 1 regulator go bad. Never had a bad motor, just those 3 bushings, 1X2"X 1/2" plastic dowels. Once I bought the HEP kit containing the 3 bushings, at the auto store. It lasted a few months. Rock Auto sells a kit with 3 bushings, and a new gear, that's seems real good. I just installed a kit on my 95, and it works great. Re-do both motors and you'll have a spare. Like Great 8 said, lube everything that needs it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back