window problems

apl

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay this may seem silly but better ask before I break something. Its cold where i live so maybe that factores in. All the windows in my car were working. I just tried the windows recently. The back windows go down. Both front windows make a noise like they are going to open but dont move at all. The car has rain guards on it so I can see if they are frozen at the top. I have no idea when it will get warmer.

if you had sub zero temps like we did here in chicago then I advice you not to open your windows because you may damage something

Okay this may seem silly but better ask before I break something. Its cold where i live so maybe that factores in. All the windows in my car were working. I just tried the windows recently. The back windows go down. Both front windows make a noise like they are going to open but dont move at all. The car has rain guards on it so I can see if they are frozen at the top. I have no idea when it will get warmer.

I have had this happen to me as well. Let the car warm up and run the defroster for 10-15 minutes. This should help at least. No guarentees as your regulator/clips may be going as well

If you are lucky:
The glass probably pulled out of the clamps.
Push the up buttons till the sound stops. That will keep the glass from falling once the ice melts. You'll have to take the trim off and reseat the glass in the clamps and tighten them back up.

If you are unlucky:
The regulators broke and will have to be replaced.

Mine are almost doing the same thing but all my windows are froze shut. But if I was you I would avoid drive-thru's and don't roll down the windows till it has time to thaw.

Well temps in CT broke freezing and windows can open now. Thanks for the help.

Members online

No members online now.
Back