Window problem with a 1978 Continental

78_TownCar_460

LVC Member
Reaction score
My left rear power window stopped about halfway down last night. The switch no longer controls the window. The switches are fine, and when toggled, I can hear the motor running, but nothing happens. The glass is aligned. What do you think the problem is? I took the panel off, but you can't see the window motor. It is on the bottom of the door and there is no accessibility. Has anyone ever experienced a problem like this on their 74-79 Continentals?

Same problem all the way through the nineties. Three plastic pieces break up inside the motor to regulator housing. There may be an article on it in the tech section.

Pepsi2185 said:
Same problem all the way through the nineties. Three plastic pieces break up inside the motor to regulator housing. There may be an article on it in the tech section.

the three bushings can be picked up from the auto store usually in the red help packs.i know advance has them and they are on ebay.take the motor assembly out and clean all the broken peices out of the nylon gear grease and install the new ones and you are good to go.my crown vic had it happen and it is a very simple and cheap 5.00 fix versus a 100.00+ motor assembly.
:L

Members online

No members online now.
Back