Window Motor

ONLYTONY

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
The right window on the 95 went Ka Put. For those that haven't been there, heres a pic of what you'll find. The kit in 2nd pic I got from Rock. It's made a little different but works ok. Putting the metal gear into the plastic one with the 3 cogs, is very tough to do. The triangle of the plastic gear is 1/16" smaller than the orginal. I had to clamp it in the vise one way, and use a clamp the other way to get it together. Pliers came to mind, but didn't want to make grooves in the cogs. I've re-done many of these motors, and they were much easier. Window works good, and fast too. Window Mtr.jpgWindow Mtr 2.jpg

Window Mtr.jpg

Window Mtr 2.jpg

Even with the Dorman/HELP! cushions available, i still use plastic standoffs i found at Ace, cut in pieces. I have never seen any problems with motors or gears just the 3 plastic pieces.

I never had a bad motor in over 30 years, just those 3, 1/2 X1/2 plastic dowels in the gear section. I tried the HELP ones, and they lasted 6 months. I use to make my own out of a Delrin dowel. They never failed.

I was vacuuming the floor in my shop, and the snap ring clip jumped up and hit me in the leg. Wasn't worried, I have plenty of extras.

Did one on a thunderturd recently. It was a breeze and it was my first. Now that I have a mark I was worried that it might be something more "upscale". Glad to see its the same. My passenger window isn't the greatest anymore.

Members online

No members online now.
Back