window motor replacement

95mark8newyork

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ordered a window motor last year for the 95 mark. Gave the car back to my Dad and the car's been inactive for like a year. Still runs and drives like a top. Just needs the window motor replaced. So anyways, I got the door panel off (passenger side), old window motor out. I know how everything goes back together and what plugs into what, just cannot figure out how to get the window motor to sit inside the door. It has a little gear on it that needs to sit with the gear already inside of the door (looks like the same thing you'd see on a bicycle). Any tips?

It's really easy once you know how it's supposed to feel when it's where it's supposed to be (done both of them on mine now). Just push it up in there and line it up with the bolt holes. Once you thread in two of the bolts it will hook itself into the regulator gear correctly all on its own.

Yeah its not hard at all, just fugging with my head on how to get it to sit right haha. I was able to get the top and left bolt in, other two wouldn't line up. Thanks

Maybe a silly question but....are you sure you got the correct side? Many auto parts stores catalogs have the motors listed backward. Right for the left and vice a versa

Maybe a silly question but....are you sure you got the correct side? Many auto parts stores catalogs have the motors listed backward. Right for the left and vice a versa

That's what happened to me...had to order the right side for the left door and left side for the right door.

Make sure the screw holes line up and when you bolt the motor up. Rotate the sprockets a little bit until they fit snuggly between the window regulator.

I've been repairing these window for over 20 years Never replaced a motor just the 3 bushings that I made out of deron stock. HELP sells a kit w/3 bushings that last about3 months. Rock Auto now has a kit w/3 bushings and plastic gear for around $10. I'll be re-doing a window within 2 weeks and I'll let you know how it goes.

Center of plastic gear is what goes bad. Drill 3 holes through plastic gear into metal gear and screw the both together and it's done. It's a free fix.

Members online

No members online now.
Back