Will we get into the coming South American war?

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If they start shooting - GW might have his excuse to blow the hell out of Chavez

Venezuela, Ecuador send troops to Colombian border

By Saul Hudson and Alonso Soto

CARACAS/QUITO (Reuters) - Venezuela and Ecuador sent troops to their borders with Colombia on Sunday after their Andean neighbor bombed Colombian rebels inside Ecuador in an attack Caracas said could spark a war.

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez also deployed tanks to the frontier, mobilized warplanes and withdrew his diplomats from Bogota in the worst dispute in the unstable region for years.

Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa, a close ally of the leftist, anti-U.S. Chavez, expelled Colombia's ambassador and recalled his own envoy from Bogota in protest over what he said was an intentional violation of his nation's sovereignty.

Colombia responded to Correa by offering its apologies for the troops crossing the frontier, but said the operation on a jungle rebel camp was necessary because its forces came under fire from inside Ecuador.

But Colombia, a U.S. ally, also said it found documents at the camp that linked Correa to the guerrillas.

"May God spare us a war. But we are not going to allow them to violate our sovereign territory," Chavez, an ex-paratrooper said.

More of the article

If it got serious, I could see us supporting our ally through arms and supplies, mabye an advisory role, even possibly air support...but full involvement? I doubt it. What is so important in that region? what do we have to gain?

What is so important in that region? what do we have to gain?

We all know Obama, I mean Bush, snorts cocaine, so we would be protecting his supply chain.

That is why we are in Afganistan> Bush is thinking of switching to heroine.;)

If it got serious, I could see us supporting our ally through arms and supplies, mabye an advisory role, even possibly air support...but full involvement? I doubt it. What is so important in that region? what do we have to gain?

Oil?

You mean Cocaine, and yes we need to save the supply. Tony Montana gotta eat.:)

Bush killed the rebel leader and his pals on purpose so he could start another illegal war. Everybody knows that.

Anybody see a report that North Korea and South Korea are maybe thinking of getting back together again? Didn't think so. Had we listened to the Almighty John sKerry though, we'd be at war with N. Korea already.:shifty:

Anybody see a report that North Korea and South Korea are maybe thinking of getting back together again? Didn't think so. Had we listened to the Almighty John sKerry though, we'd be at war with N. Korea already.:shifty:

You forgot to add John S Kerry (who served in Vietnam). I think you are required by law to include that.

uh -- no I didnt.

I saw this though:

SEOUL (Reuters) - New South Korean President Lee Myung-bak, who has pledged a tougher policy in dealing with North Korea, rebuffed his communist neighbor's offer to meet in January, a news report said on Wednesday.

The proposal was made through South Korea's National Intelligence Service (NIS) "for responsible officials from the two sides to meet," the conservative Dong-a Ilbo newspaper quoted an unnamed government official as saying.

"But President Lee demanded clarification on the purpose of such a meeting, and the North subsequently suspended attempts to make contact," the official said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSSEO23116720080305

Members online

No members online now.
Back