Will this broken clip cause a problem

purelux

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
This is the end of the hose from the box under the trunk with the 2 fuel lines running in/out of the opposite side. 2 of the 4 clips are there but only hold it as shown and not snug to the body. What is the purpose of this and what is happening with it like this vs not broken. In addition the you can often smell gas from the rear left of the vehicle, which is where the hose is.

broken part.jpg

evap.jpg

Is there supposed to be something that the hose locks into or do the other 2 clips just hold the hose tight to the opening. Right now I have duct tape around the opening so the remaining 2 clips are able to hold it tight as a temp fix. Do you know what problems this causes even if a code isn't thrown, i.e excess fuel consumption etc... In addition one of the clips fell out of the hose when I took it down to see what was wrong with it. Assuming the other one fell in too is that bad?

If you leave the evap open there is a chance that during the summer months you will have increased gas evaporation....

What about salt, snow etc from in the winter getting in there or the plastic piece could they pose a problem or is it set so the hose only exhausts out of the evap.

Members online

Back