Will the STS-V have a manual tranny?

wetsidewagon

LVC Member
Reaction score
Thousands of 1997-2003 BMW 540i 6-speeds and 10,000 2000-2003 BMW M5s were sold in North America. Many BMW owners can't stand the new BMWs so why not put a manual transmission in the next STS-V?

Cadillac has said that the CTS-V is the first in a series of high-performance Cadillacs.

p.s. Will there be a 2006 CTS-V? If not, why not?

All V's will have a manual transmission option I believe and yes there will be an '06 CTS-V

JoshMcMadMac said:
It comes with a Corvette engine...it will come with a manual option.

What has a Corvette engine? The STS-V? I don't think so. All I've heard so far is that the CTS-V is the only Cadillac to have a non-Cadillac engine (with the exception of the Escalade). STS-V is "supposed" to have a supercharged Northstar.

Maybe I'm nuts but, I thought the question was about the STS-V, not the CTS-V.

Katshot said:
Maybe I'm nuts but, I thought the question was about the STS-V, not the CTS-V.

"Cadillac has made it clear that it intends to give the V-Series treatment to more than just the CTS, so it wasn't much of a surprise when heavily modified prototypes of the STS were photographed making the rounds at Germany's Nurburgring test track. Power is expected to come from a supercharged version of Cadillac's 4.6-liter Northstar V8 putting the STS-V in the 400-500-horsepower range. And don't be surprised if it shows up with a six-speed manual transmission either as Cadillac fully intends for this car to be a true competitor to BMW's M5 super sedan. Look for its debut at next year's Detroit auto show in January."

That was from car and driver...

here's from uhh... Channel4 car

"Reports suggest the STS-V Plus could develop as much as 700bhp from its tuned version of the Corvette's 6.0-litre V8. 0-60mph shouldn't take much longer than five seconds, for either car."

Last edited:
What you have there is articles about two different cars. The "V" series and the "V-Plus" series which is only a rumor right now. Yes they have a couple CTS-V test mules running around with 6.0 liter LS2's I think but I wouldn't bet that you'll ever see anything like that coming from Cadillac. A tuner, yes, but from the factory......I doubt it.
Notice that for the "Plus" versions they tap Chevy for power instead of that lame-ass Northstar! :biggrin:

Lame Northstar

Watch your mouth buddy, my 14.4 1/4 mile 96 STS will eat you for lunch:)

Gus

cruzajc1@aol.com

Katshot said:
What you have there is articles about two different cars. The "V" series and the "V-Plus" series which is only a rumor right now. Yes they have a couple CTS-V test mules running around with 6.0 liter LS2's I think but I wouldn't bet that you'll ever see anything like that coming from Cadillac. A tuner, yes, but from the factory......I doubt it.
Notice that for the "Plus" versions they tap Chevy for power instead of that lame-ass Northstar! :biggrin:

Katshot said:

Cadillac STS-V
Supercharged (12 psi) and Intercooled DOHC 32 valve 4.4L V8 with variable valve timing.
6 speed automatic transmission with manu-matic shifting.
440hp @ 6400rpm
430lb ft. of torque @ 3600rpm
16/25 mpg fuel economy

0-60: 4.9 seconds
1/4 mile: 13.8 @ 101mph

Not bad for a "lame-ass" NorthStar. ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back