Will new speakers sound any better?

cdixon

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've got an 02 LS8 Sport with the premium Alpine. I was curious if changing the factory speakers out for aftermarket ones would improve the sound any noticeable amount.

cdixon said:
I've got an 02 LS8 Sport with the premium Alpine. I was curious if changing the factory speakers out for aftermarket ones would improve the sound any noticeable amount.
Absolutely. Dont let the Alpine name being used fool you. The factory speakers arent the worst, but still not very high quality either.

a HUGE difference. youll be shocked how bad your system sounds right now. go ahead and change them

Go with Infinities, they have 6x8s and they even have 6x8 components. The tweeter matches the interior really nice too, if you have the graphite interior of course. The sound is very clean and powerful.

tweeter.JPG

HyeLifeLS said:
Go with Infinities, they have 6x8s and they even have 6x8 components. The tweeter matches the interior really nice too, if you have the graphite interior of course. The sound is very clean and powerful.
I have the same interior and that does look smooth, i think i might try that. Did you get them thru crutchfield ?

Nope, I got em from Ikesound.com, you can also try Hookedontroniks.com. I have bought a lot of stuff from them (both). All the items are new, in original boxes and the prices are about 40% than crutchfield's. I recommend them both very much, just look for pricing sometimes one is cheaper than the other website.

Fla02LS said:
I have the same interior and that does look smooth, i think i might try that. Did you get them thru crutchfield ?

so do you just have new speakers or did you replace the whole system?

I have replaced the whole system. I have Alpine CD/MP3 head unit, 4 channel Alpine V12 amp running 4 door speakers (Infinity components in the front and Infinity Kappas in the rear doors), 2 channel Alpine V12 amp running a pair of 6x9 Infinity Kappas on the rear deck, a Kenwood amp for my 2 12" Bazookas (replacing em soon). All of the intallations are done by truly yours (me). The wiring are all new except the power wire for the CD player.

HOMELS said:
so do you just have new speakers or did you replace the whole system?

head unit.JPG

left amp.JPG

right amp.JPG

sub amp.JPG

subs.JPG

rear deck.JPG

tweeter.JPG

Members online

Back