Will Bad Coils Prevent My Ls From Staying On?

mr_myko

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My 2004 Ls Cranks up but after 2 seconds it starts to vibrate and studder like it is running out of gas, then it just shuts off? I know its not my battery cause all my electrical items work. Just yesterday my car was working fine but it used to studder at times as if 1 of the coils where going bad , especially when it rains a lot like it has been for the pass 2days here in atlanta. I've had bad coils before and ususally the check engine light comes on this time it didn't come on.

that sounds like what happened to my car. the cel didnt come on until maybe a week or two later. sounds like a misfire and the rain may be leaking past ur valve cover gasket and causing the coil to go bad

lincoln ls 3.jpg

Update, after thinking about how much I have to pay to get my car fixed, i was determined to see if i could do something, I am glad I did. I fixed the problem, This black tube that sits on top of the engine block that connects into the intake manifold came loose because this screw with a metal circle that holds the black tube was loose, i reconnected the tube and tighten the screw back and the car stayed on and it worked.

Members online

No members online now.
Back