Widebody LS WTF?!?!

lexdiamondz10304

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Any insight?!

1149282242_car.jpg

1149283030_car.jpg

You know...I came in here expecting something absolutely terrible. But I like the look of the back with what looks to be deep dish rims.

It looks like it should go fast.

Yeah...

This is actually pretty old if I remember correctly. I forgot it was a widebody though.

That thing has been around for some time now. It actually has some cool custom work done.

Yeah you are right... that car looks sweet.

Here is some more info on it... although I really doubt the authenticity of the poster. He does have some cool pics though... just not a lot of details on the design.
If you note he claims it is a 2006 when it is very obviously a first gen LS.

It was apparently done by the Spirit of Detroit Motorsports...

I seen this, its supposed to be a 2006 with a 4.6 liter :bsflag:

Its on yahoo. If its a 2006 why did he go with 2000 lights both front and rear? And why hasn't he replied to anyone ever about the engine swap?

I hate the color but I love the wheels and the fender work on that thing. If you read his yahoo further he says he has a body kit for this that has been in production. I asked him about it but again I got nothing back from him at all.

I seen this, its supposed to be a 2006 with a 4.6 liter :bsflag:

Its on yahoo. If its a 2006 why did he go with 2000 lights both front and rear? And why hasn't he replied to anyone ever about the engine swap?

I hate the color but I love the wheels and the fender work on that thing. If you read his yahoo further he says he has a body kit for this that has been in production. I asked him about it but again I got nothing back from him at all.
It's not BS. When you build a car like this it is considered to be the year it is completed regardless of what year it is based off of. The same reason "Kit" cars are based on the year of the replica but the title shows the year it was first titled.

No really, that is not the same. He said it was a 2006 Lincoln LS with a body kit he made and a 4.6. It never happened. This is not a kit car. That is BS.

I give the guy tons of credit cause he had obviously went to the extremes to finish the car even with it being apparent it never worked and the body is grand, but it is not a 2006, in that case I'm going to convert my 2000 with a 2006 fascia and call it a 2006.

Thats like me saying I'm going to take a 71 Charger and work it up this year for road racing and call it a 2007?

I on another note would also love to have a fine set of stepped meshies on my LS that wide. Those do look kinda good.

Heat Shield?

A little off the topic, there's another LS on that sight here. Does any body know where he got this heat shield from:

1182231572_car.jpg

That don't look like its that functional,.. correct me if I'm wrong.

He most likely made it seeing how that MAFS housing looks like its home made also.

But, anyone think they can pick out what wheels those are on that Lincoln,..."LSR"?

If you view his Yahoo page he claims its a LSR body kit..???

I know its just a gen.1 with a gen.2 LSE or maybe a 2006 swap out with a DIY wide body fender.

He does have a nice ride height and stance to it!

That don't look like its that functional,.. correct me if I'm wrong.

He most likely made it seeing how that MAFS housing looks like its home made also.

But, anyone think they can pick out what wheels those are on that Lincoln,..."LSR"?

For a second, I thought you were talking about this LS-R:

cnv0413cc9.jpg

cnv0746wl7.jpg

Thats it, I'm getting new wheels this spring. I need some stepped mesh wheels like both of those cars!

Anyone got any leads at all?

I cant find anything in this bolt pattern. I have to start saveing if they are only found in made to order.

For a second, I thought you were talking about this LS-R:

that looks terrible with the 2 kits on the front end.
i like the first two pics of the white and red ls. look good

what body kit does that LS have on it or is it custom made?

that looks terrible with the 2 kits on the front end.
i like the first two pics of the white and red ls. look good

If it weren't for those god ugly red mirrors it would look OK ( as far as paint ) but I still don't get into that whole candy red on white all that much.

I dont think that other lip looking thing is part of the car ( the silver one ), I have seen this car in another forum but I may just be remembering what I want;)

If that car belonged to me I would at least have molded the flares in with the lip and filled in any seams. Looks cheap otherwise when you add fender flares like that.

So I wonder how mcuh that white and red LS' weight ratio changed with that motor..

Honestly, I think you guys that have been here would know way, way more about this car a long time ago if it ever had worked out.

I imagine it would be very front heavy considering it was tubbed out.

The guy claims, "The first of four powered by 500 to 700 HP 5.0L & 6.0L Cobra 4V Engines . "

So, I was wrong. I should have looked at the page before I tested my memory:D .

Members online

No members online now.
Back