Wide Body Lincoln LS

I guess you haven't grasped the concept of "interrogative information gathering". Not many, if any, are born with the knowledge of mechanical terms or procedures. Therefore many, if any, gather their information and knowledge from books, internet, videos, classes, or simply asking peers on a forum. If this "truly" gives you a notion of sadness, than you were a sad person to begin with.

As for the wide body kit being uglier than a generic 2 tone color scheme, with spray painted stock rims...then I must be completely honest from a general point of view and confess to you, that your lack of taste in cars is quite misguided by the affection you have for your fellow man. Quite bias, and quite feminine, for you to come running to his rescue. Like a little school girl throwing her books to the side of the road and prancing as fast as she can to her friend with her little band-aid ready to help!

If you wanted to be helpful, the information I asked for would've sufficed. Everything else is not needed. "Oh you can't do that because you don't know what this is, or what that is..."

Ridiculous for you to sit there and tell me, or anyone else what they can or cannot do...I hope you don't treat your kids this way when or if anyone is dumb enough to have children with you. I can see it now.
"Father, can you help me with my math homework?"
"RIDICULOUS! You don't know how to multiply!? How sad you don't already know this!"

...and you are in the Army???

No he didn't start a thread.. he's still building the engine and nothing has been done to the ls yet.

no offense, but its his car so if he wants the two tone that's his deal. he has put countless hours into his paint job. I think it looks good but not sure about it on the ls. he is well aware of how everyone feels.. he wants to be different like everyone on this fourm wants. you could easily blow 4-5k on a custom body kit. if you have that kind of money, go for it.

Can you speak in simple terms for me? I am not too saavy in terms of auto lingo. Just a young man trying to create a masterpiece out of what is already sheer beauty and some what of a best. ;)

TC = torque converter. 3400 stall means you can footbrake to 3400 rpms. Best way to describe it: it's like dumping the clutch at 3400 rpms in a manual trans car.

4.30's = gear ratio. This will get the car up and moving way faster. Picture a ten speed bicycle. Now think of the difference between trying to start pedaling from a stop in third gear or first gear. The ten speed's third gear is like the LS' stock 3.31 (or3.58) in first gear. 4.30's would be like starting in first gear on the same ten speed. You can get up and moving way faster. BE advised though, that gearing up like this will decrease your top speed. Also, you cannot fit taller gears in the LS pumpkin. You have to swap in an 8.8", weld a custom front brace, and do a custom driveshaft.

locker: this is a type of differential. The LS in stock form utilizes an open diff, meaning most of the time only one wheel is getting power. This can create traction issues when gearing up and adding a higher stall tc. You'll want to put power to both wheels, and an LSD (limited slip diff) or a true locking diff (locker) is the way to accomplish this. I have an LSD out of an 05 mustang installed in my LS right now.

Has anyone actually priced out how much $$$ it would be to transplant a 4.6 into the LS?

There's the cost of an engine, transmission, custom driveshaft, hopefully new rear end, programming/tuning nightmare, standalone systems for each component, aftermarket guage cluster, after market systems for the simple things like rolling down the windows. And this is just scratching the surface.

And not to point out the obvious, but you don't swap in a 4.6 and just leave it alone. You swap it to mod it. That's going to add to the cost as well. I don't think a 4.6 in stock form is going to be a big change from the current engine. Most definitely not a big enough change to go through with a swap if that's all you're doing.

I highly suspect that having a street legal LS when it's all said and done will be closer to the 40K I quoted earlier.

no buy i would guess at least 10k

There's the cost of an engine, transmission, custom driveshaft, hopefully new rear end, programming/tuning nightmare, standalone systems for each component, aftermarket guage cluster, after market systems for the simple things like rolling down the windows. And this is just scratching the surface.

hell an aluminator alone could cost near 10K, unless your friend totals out his terminator, and then the insurance company sells it back to him for next to nothing and he passes on the savings to you :cool:

...and you are in the Army???

Yes I am in the U.S. Army. How did you guess?

FASTLLS said:
No he didn't start a thread.. he's still building the engine and nothing has been done to the ls yet.

no offense, but its his car so if he wants the two tone that's his deal. he has put countless hours into his paint job. I think it looks good but not sure about it on the ls. he is well aware of how everyone feels.. he wants to be different like everyone on this fourm wants. you could easily blow 4-5k on a custom body kit. if you have that kind of money, go for it.

Correct you are friend, it is his car. Maybe I was a bit too blunt about my distaste for his sense of automotive style. I admit I should have used a bit more tact when voicing my opinion.

As for the Ford Racing engine, wow...that would be great! Indeed if I had enough money then I would take it into serious consideration, taken with the notion that it is physically and technically possible to fit into my LS without a horribly distasteful hood scoop on a luxury sports car.

taken with the notion that it is physically and technically possible to fit into my LS without a horribly distasteful hood scoop on a luxury sports car.

a cowl hood, if done correctly, is not distasteful, as long as whats under it can back up why its there!

Lincoln LS wide body pics

I was at SEMA and talked to the owner of the LS, it was a Ford project not followed through. So he had the fenders mounted on a car and stuffed in a 4.6 supercharged Cobra engine with a 5 Spd Tremec.
Really nice job on this, he had to build the hood and rear door jams.

433.jpg

Members online

Back