Why won't Kerry release records. Bush signed form 180, so did edwards and McCain.

MonsterMark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Navy Contradicts Kerry on Release of Military Records
By Marc Morano
CNSNews.com Senior Staff Writer
September 16, 2004

(CNSNews.com) - The U.S. Navy released documents Wednesday contradicting claims by Democratic Presidential candidate John Kerry that all of his available military records have been released.

The Navy, responding to a Freedom of Information Act request from the legal watchdog group Judicial Watch, also referred interested parties to Kerry's campaign web site for government military documents.

Navy Personnel Command FOIA Officer Dave German wrote in an e-mail to Judicial Watch that the Navy "withheld thirty-one pages of documents from the responsive military personnel service records as we were not provided a release authorization."

A "release authorization" would have to come from Kerry filling out and signing a Standard Form 180, something he has yet to do. A Standard Form 180 would authorize the complete release of all his military records. Judicial Watch filed Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests in August to obtain Kerry's military records.

The official U.S. Navy response was received by Judicial Watch on Wednesday, the same day that Kerry told syndicated radio and MSNBC TV host Don Imus that "We've posted my military records that they sent to me, or were posted on my website. You can go to my website, and all my -- you know, the documents are there."

When Imus pressed Kerry as to whether all of his documents were in fact included on the campaign website, Kerry responded, "To the best of my knowledge. I think some of the medical stuff may still be out there. We're trying to get it.

"We released everything that they (the Navy) initially sent me," he added.

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said the Navy's correspondence confirms that Kerry has not been forthright in releasing his military files.

"It's written confirmation from the U.S. Navy that there are additional documents from Kerry's service record that have yet to be made publicly available," Fitton told CNSNews.com.

Why cant you talk about the present? GW has done little the last 4 years --- Im so sick of all this 35 years ago garbage - to me the more people scream about 35 years ago, the more I realize its because they ahve nothing to be proud of in regard to GW's last 3 years in office otherwise they would be bragging about that.

Its a small man who raises his stature by tearing down the stature of another..

I'm not saying that I agree with all the trashing of Kerry, cause I don't. BUT (and I say this wincingly) any time there is/was anything negative in the media against George W Bush, it was posted on this forum. If ayone started a negative thread against the other candidate, crying foul about it now is a little silly and late, especially since the election is right around the corner.

This is from the Judicial Watch web-site:

"Judicial Watch, Inc. was established in 1994 to serve as an ethical and legal "watchdog" over our government, legal, and judicial systems and to promote a return to ethics and morality in our nation's public life.

As a non-partisan, non-profit foundation based in Washington, D.C., and with offices throughout the country, Judicial Watch relies on supporters, like yourself, to help us root out corruption in our government and to make sure offenders are brought to justice."

They go after Democrats and Republicans (Cheney being one).

I think I've discovered the reason for my pity of Kerry, even though I'm still voting for Bush at this point. He looks like the character Eric Stoltz played in the movie "Mask".

Joeychgo said:
Why cant you talk about the present? GW has done little the last 4 years --- Im so sick of all this 35 years ago garbage - to me the more people scream about 35 years ago, the more I realize its because they ahve nothing to be proud of in regard to GW's last 3 years in office otherwise they would be bragging about that.

Its a small man who raises his stature by tearing down the stature of another..
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Democrats started this many, many years ago. This has been the way they have operated unimpeded with the complicity of the major media. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, you want to cry foul? To paraphrase Zell Miller...Bush has Kerry by the throat and he is not letting go to get a better grip!

Why is it so important to the left to find out why Bush didn't take a physical and denied (haha) a direct order to do so? I'll tell you why. They will do anything and come up with anything (forged documents) to tear this President down, and have been trying to do so for years.

It is time for the Democrats to look in the mirror.

I told you there was so much more that would be coming out. This is called death by a thousand cuts. Kerry knew he had all of this in his closet, but he let his ego get in the way once again, to the detrement of his own party. After all, in his mind, he was born to be president.

MonsterMark said:
Why is it so important to the left to find out why Bush didn't take a physical and denied (haha) a direct order to do so?

Easy, to help remind the "dumb Americans" of what they've known all along. Bush is crybaby bully whos been hiding behind daddy's coat-tails all his life and has to have everything his way.

JohnnyBz00LS said:
Easy, to help remind the "dumb Americans" of what they've known all along. Bush is crybaby bully whos been hiding behind daddy's coat-tails all his life and has to have everything his way.

Not only that, but because it shows how wrong he is to send troops to war when he wouldnt have gone himself, and if he had a kids, they wouldnt be goin either because he has the power to not send them in 1 way or another, just like his daddy did.

Anybody want to join them with the garbage throwing? Me neither, it stinks in here.

Members online

Back