Why doesn't Lincoln bring back the Continental?

wetsidewagon

LVC Member
Reaction score
How about building it off of the Lincoln LS's chassis?

Here's a plan...

Get rid of the LS and the Town Car and make the Continental with two different wheelbases? And a powerful V-8.

Doesn't the 05 Ford Mustang amortize costs from the Lincoln LS in a way since it uses a modified version of its chassis?? Wouldn't this help with the costs of the Continenal?

What do you think?

The market for full-sized sedans has been going down the toilet for years, the lure away from them was first mini-vans and now it's SUV's, which is why we now have the Navigator and the Aviator.

Having spent my formative years in school buses SUV's have no attraction for me but many think it's a good way to blow their money.

Lincoln needs a new design team, no question. Cadillac is spending 5 BILLION on a whole new line - Lincoln seems to be falling apart at the seams.

I dont know.......... IMO - Lincoln needs a New Mark. High Performance Luxury.

Joeychgo said:
Lincoln needs a new design team, no question. Cadillac is spending 5 BILLION on a whole new line - Lincoln seems to be falling apart at the seams.

I dont know.......... IMO - Lincoln needs a New Mark. High Performance Luxury.

And not with a price tag around $40K...

:Beer

But I agree on a whole new design team. What the hell are they waiting for ?

I think it's too early to judge yet, they could change their minds at the drop of a hat. You just never know :monkey:

I like the Continenal concept car.

The LS's chassis would make a great start.

I read that the 2005 Ford Mustang has steel front control arms that weigh less than comparable cast aluminum ones. The 05 Mustang only shares its floor pan with the Lincoln LS.

Any other thoughts?

wetsidewagon said:
I like the Continenal concept car.

The LS's chassis would make a great start.

What, the V12? I doubt the LS platform would be useful for that car.

Members online

Back