why does this forum blow now a days?

2002_lincolnLS

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I don't get on here much anymore but man this forum has gotten so boring anymore, no more cool builds or fun stuff. the North east Ohio meet was a bust....

Come on guys spice this **** up.

what did you expect in a car model that was last built in 2006 and has no aftermarket support and by now all the issues have been covered time and time again. the only new things we can say now is "what we getting next" and "I turbo mines too and here is the build with pics"

yeah this is true, I mean I am sure Delorean and Kurtis Kraft forums are doing better than this..

of course it doesn't help that you guys damn every new guy here that does something out of the norm... look at honda and vw guys they all have a their own style and the communities are bigger and tighter than anything else in the car world..

maybe we could take a page from their book instead of trying to light their books on fire like a bunch of nazis...

Come on guys spice this **** up.

090223221232-large.jpg

yeah this is true, I mean I am sure Delorean and Kurtis Kraft forums are doing better than this..

of course it doesn't help that you guys damn every new guy here that does something out of the norm... look at honda and vw guys they all have a their own style and the communities are bigger and tighter than anything else in the car world..

maybe we could take a page from their book instead of trying to light their books on fire like a bunch of nazis...

I couldn't agree more

Could that be because they sold MILLIONS and MILLIONS of cars and less than <300 THOUSAND LSes were made?

Nothing new is being made by fellow members. People like Quik, ILLS, Spsully always had interesting threads about their new projects, some good stuff there. We need more of that but I don't think we will get it. Also, interesting things costs $$$$ and time, which we don't have haha :biggrin:

As a new guy, i think it is cool that a lot of "veterans" are still around. Redundant as most of these threads are, it beats the hell outta reading song lyrics on facebook or pictures of what somebody had for dinner on instagram.

+100 Doesn't have to do with the number of cars built is about how receptive the forum is to new members! A couple old nannies like to eat the babies, like crockadiles do!

Could that be because they sold MILLIONS and MILLIONS of cars and less than <300 THOUSAND LSes were made?

I know this is a huge part of it, and the car doesn't warrant the following that the VW has.

There has to be something we can do.

I know lets all win the lottery and then we can do all sorts of great stuff like sell the LS and join the mustang forums :)

I know I have really changed my perspective about car modification after attending the shows that the import guys have. They all have such unique cars and instead of bashing each other (I am sure it still happens) they appreciate each others work. I have said it a ton of times on my website and my sites Facebook page how people need to respect each others work to get the car community closer and tighter. Right now its bad enough we have to worry about the Gov and johnny law coming after us for stuff, so there is no need to fight within the community. I mean look how much we argue down to our own lincoln community over Mark 8/ LS crap. I know a lot of it is poking fun and non harmful.

At the end of the day it comes down to we all have a passion for a motor on wheels, while the rest is personal taste its all the same.

If you you ever want to see something like this in action go to a mini truck show. We had one of the largest around here in my home town and the styles vary across the spectrum and so do the makes and models of the cars/trucks that attend, it was one huge two day party with everyone.

/end rant.

You know the stance coils thing was pretty awesome, sure it didn't go as well as hoped in the beginning but there was a huge community effort to try to get it going as well as figure out the issues that came with it.

Maybe we need to do something else like this, perhaps involving a 5 speed on the v8, there has to be a way

Unfortunately, this is only going to get worse... Since the cars aren't being produced any longer and are becoming older the more repair threads you'll see and the less likely someone will be to dump a ton of money into em. I keep telling wifey I want to sell my LS but she won't let me :) She says she will buy it off me before I sell it... It's not that I want to get rid of it, don't get me wrong, but I'd like to maximize my return on my investment before anything significant goes wrong with it (transmission, suspension, etc) which is bound to happen eventually.

I've been alluding to this earlier. as I think about it more and more, you can really break down auto forums into two categories, Modding and Restoration (or a combination of both). as long as one of these apply to your type of car, you can have a "thriving" forum. Unfortunately, ours right now fall under neither. They're a little to old to have any "new" ideas (that dont look like complete garbage), and not old enough where seeing someone truly "restore" one is interesting. Without an aftermarket world to keep this it going, and with these getting cheaper and cheaper, we are doomed to just be a repair site for awhile. The majority of people new members posting, in the future (no offense meant and with exception) they will not have the desire nor have the funds to invest in truly "one-off" modifications. ANything worth doing has already been done. Are only hope is the growth of universal aftermarket finds (stance, Dip, interior etc...) and that we continue to find and encourage members to go way outside the box....NOT the $600 turbo build guy :D , but you get the idea. We will always have great members here (unlike any i've seen), lets just hope we're able to keep it interesting enough to keep them.

....I JUST LOVE YOU GUYS SOOOO MUCH!!!! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Maybe we start pushing for a repair category to separate those threads, from the rest (just an idea)

KCCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hate to tell you this (and, would like to point out that this is not aimed at any one person in particular) but the low production number is no excuse for flaming new members for not being perfect at searching out information on a board with a crappy search engine. The Reatta board I used to be a member of when I had one was a much nicer bunch of folks who didn't slam every new member who asks about a common problem, and there were only 20,000 Reattas made over its 4 year production run. There's probably only about 5,000 of them left on the road now, if that. There's so few of them that they've started collecting VINs of the ones still on the road. The better boards will help new members acclimate to the board instead of flaming them for daring to ask a question.

Oh, and on the Reatta forum, members have actually taken to manufacturing no-longer-available replacement parts themselves, and selling them to Reatta owners. In some cases, the members aren't even making any money on it, they just want to see the cars stay on the road. Now that the LS is starting to fall into the "parts are no longer available" category, this is something that you LS fans might consider doing. Now would be a good time, since the LS-specific parts you'd need to use for a template are still available in salvage yards and would not require one to build from scratch.

It's because these cars are on their way out, plain and simple. Like GRELL said, too young and boring to restore, too old and limited to heavily modify, too plentiful to collect, too rare to have cheap parts. Smack dab in the middle of everything. The only "new" mods I see are younger guys picking these things up for crazy cheap and doing some less than tasteful modifications. At which point they get flamed into oblivion, and then are back in 2 weeks bashing the LS because it is a piece of **** and has misfires lol.

I would like to make a separate category for repair threads, that is a good idea

Hate to tell you this (and, would like to point out that this is not aimed at any one person in particular) but the low production number is no excuse for flaming new members for not being perfect at searching out information on a board with a crappy search engine. The Reatta board I used to be a member of when I had one was a much nicer bunch of folks who didn't slam every new member who asks about a common problem, and there were only 20,000 Reattas made over its 4 year production run. There's probably only about 5,000 of them left on the road now, if that. There's so few of them that they've started collecting VINs of the ones still on the road. The better boards will help new members acclimate to the board instead of flaming them for daring to ask a question.

Oh, and on the Reatta forum, members have actually taken to manufacturing no-longer-available replacement parts themselves, and selling them to Reatta owners. In some cases, the members aren't even making any money on it, they just want to see the cars stay on the road. Now that the LS is starting to fall into the "parts are no longer available" category, this is something that you LS fans might consider doing. Now would be a good time, since the LS-specific parts you'd need to use for a template are still available in salvage yards and would not require one to build from scratch.

Agreed on most of that, but 300,000 is a lot different then <5000 when it comes to forum styles.... Its also a 30+ yo car vs. and >15 yo car. That makes a huge difference also...apples to oranges imo... We're just stuck in a weird time right now, not a whole lot we can do about it, other then maybe seperating out what people use this forum for.... Have an area where those looking for repairs can go, and a place for those looking for mods and such....

This is so so true. This place is wack..... you want to spice it up? well get a load of this!!!!!!

You ready?

Hold on to your panties....

OMG, this is going to blow your socks off!!!

And scare the Sh*+ back into you....

!!!Washington National Seat Covers!!! the best baseball team in the world!!!! LoL
H 'uh H'uh.... What you think?

Well anyone?

Somebody....

Gotta say, all that's left after this winter in my book is FI and a bevy of drivetrain upgrades to go with it. Unfortunately, that won't be until forever when the engine goes and I can afford a project like that. By that time it might be registered as a "classic".

you mean you guys arent excited by the chances that lincoln may make another rwd entry level luxury sedan in the future?
i think that the car is just a daily driver for most people. mines a totaled beater, not worth putting a penny into 'upgraded' anything. just tryin to maintain it. i think thats the name of the game for owners of this car until ford finally kills lincoln and revives it 50 yrs after that.

Members online

Back