Why Didnt Anyone Tell Me?!!!

luckieleo

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
how much of a pain it is to retrofit the 03-05 foglights into a 2000 LS..>?!!! :soapbox:

everything worked all fine & dandy with kens instructions, except for tightening up the top bolt... the only tool that would get in there to tighten it back up is a standard wrench, 1/2 a turn at a time... one hand going thru the front bumper and the other under the car.. just to get to that bolt!!! scratched my hands up nicely... but they are in there finally & they look good. gonna go take some pics real quick... will post shortly.

thank you ken for the great price, follow up & detailed instructions!!! :yourock:

oh yeah, thanks 2k2!!! got the clear corners too! they were a nice touch!! :yourock:

The first time I installed the 2003 and up fogs in my sport bumper it wasn't the easiest thing. That's why I opted to take the bumper off the second time.

Take some pics when you get a chance!

k... heres some pics in the dark... they do not do justice whatsoever.. i'll have to take better ones tomorrow...

they look really sharp!! :L

before & after & a close up of the rounded look foglights...

before lights.jpg

after lights 1.jpg

after lights.jpg

itsnotmydaddys said:
post some pics tomorrow im thinking of getting them but cant tell in the light

yeah, i tried taking one of the lights on, but its all blurry and you cant tell...
i dont have a before & after of the lights on in the dark. i'll def take some pics tomorrow. take my word for it, its a good upgrade & you wont be dissapointed! :wrench

heres a pic with the lights on in the dark... you can tell the foglights are different, but with the orange bulb on, you cant tell i have clear corners.. you can in the light & it looks so much nicer!!! but today was a good day for my LS. i think it looks great! definitely go for the new fogs. its a $70 way to upgrade the look of the car. i'm glad i bought em. my hands still hurt & my nails look like $hlt now, but hey, the LS looks good! :L

:wrench

lights on dark.jpg

Very Nice.. I wonder if those would take out some of the glare I'm getting on my fogs with the HID's. I pointed them down a bit, and that seems to help, they look really good though.

hidandreg1.jpg

hidandreg2.jpg

luckieleo said:
everything worked all fine & dandy with kens instructions, except for tightening up the top bolt... the only tool that would get in there to tighten it back up is a standard wrench, 1/2 a turn at a time... one hand going thru the front bumper and the other under the car.. just to get to that bolt!!! scratched my hands up nicely... but they are in there finally & they look good. gonna go take some pics real quick... will post shortly.

Warmin' up for that sway bar bushing swap aren't ya???

GrayGhost1 said:
Looks great! Now all you need is the Angel Eye's. ;)

thanks! :) i know!!!! but, unless you'll do a $20 a week payment plan, its gonna have to wait till i have the money!

IL-LS said:
How much $$ :) ?? for the upgrade?

since i failed at clearing out my corners on my headlights, i bought some allready cleared for $50 + s/h...
the foglights were $35 each + s/h...

headlight installation took literally 5 minutes, foglights took about 2 hours... 15 minutes to take out the old ones, the new ones had to cut away part of the mount to make em fit in my car, then find something skinny enough to mark the lights thru the hole to find out where to put the new screw.. then mount them on...

the mounting part was impossible cuz the screws have a bolt with a washer..one screw went on fine with a ratchet. the other one was way up in a hard to reach tiny spot. and to top it off, the new lights are a different size in the back, so the bolt with the washer wouldnt fit!!!! :slam i had my dad cut the washer off the screw to make it fit flush, and i had to push in the foglight with one hand, and reach in that tiny spot under the car to put in the second bolt, and tighten it what i could with my hands, then i tried the ratchet to tighten it, but the ratchet wouldnt fit!!! tried a smaller/shorter ratchet, that didnt fit!! tried one of those special wrenches that you dont have to take off to turn again, but that didnt fit around the bolt cuz the light was RIGHT next to the bolt, and theres hardly any room, after trying about 15 more combinations of tools and screaming, my dad came out and helped me, i laid under the car & held the wrench in there & my dad fit some pliers thru the front bumper to turn the wrench, and i'd have to flip the wrench in that tiny space to have my dad turn it another half turn... took about 15 minutes to tighten that bolt!!!!! then once i knew what to do for the next light, that side only took about 1/2 hour total. :L

untitled.bmp

Please excuse all the dead bugs, that was after about 200 miles of 100mph driving - they couldn't get out of the way fast enough :D.

That's a 2000 w/ 03 fogs and grille. I didn't have too much trouble installing them with just basic tools, but I don't think they're held in there all that well, with only 1 solid peg, and one 1/2 attached peg. But after all the abusive driving I've done they're still on there. Which is all that matters.

Members online

Back