Why did you chose the LS out of all cars?

Great looker. Loved the dual exhaust and always liked themever since the first time I saw one. One of the very first commercials. An ls driving on a bridge over a calm river and suddenly, the ls creating a title wave behind it. I remembered the comercial saying 0-60 in 5 something, I thought that was pretty fast and I was impressed. That commercial lied,lol, but it is one good looking car.

EDIT: It says 6.42s not in the 5 seconds, guess I heard wrong way back then.

YouTube- Lincoln LS

I loved that first commercial. First time I saw it I was sitting with my family in my parents rec room and everyone just said "wow" and we talked about it halfway into the show. I don't even remember what show we were watching lol

I felt like a 20k purchase. Only drive FLM and like sport and luxury. Muarader seemed so dang large. Town Car bigger yet and slow. Considered a Conti but wanted more sport. Wasn't super impressed with the LS when I first test drove a 00 in 03. In 05 I felt the urge again and discovered the LSE model. I typically buy the limited production models so I was really more interested. A few mods solved the urge for more power.

91 VII SE not sure numbers but the best of the VIIs
96 VIII LSC I believe 5000 or so made and definately the most looked for gen1 VIII and even more desired than Gen2s in many eyes.
98 Nastruck was a 3000 run and only distributed in the midwest where Nascar is popular.

The 02 LSE seemed perfect for me. And I will say I love the car more now than after I test drove it.

A rwd V8 4dr euro sedan on a jag chasis for a bargain price.
Bought my 04 in early 07 with 22k miles for $18k.
With CAI, tune and straight pipes in place of the reverse flow mufflers,
The car sings with 300+ hp.
I love driving it more now with 80,000 miles on it than when I first got it.
Even have a spare almost new 2005 engine in case I blow it up or wear it out when I put the turbo kit in this spring.

I had 3 Mark VII's and a mark VIII, tried to get practical and bought a 2000 Grand Marquis after looking at an LSE which I loved but could not afford. Hated the Grand Marquis and decided the LS would be my next move back into Lincoln, 8 Cyl, Rear Wheel Drive, started searching and found a black on black I could afford. The end!!

A rwd V8 4dr euro sedan on a jag chasis for a bargain price.
Bought my 04 in early 07 with 22k miles for $18k.
With CAI, tune and straight pipes in place of the reverse flow mufflers,
The car sings with 300+ hp.
I love driving it more now with 80,000 miles on it than when I first got it.
Even have a spare almost new 2005 engine in case I blow it up or wear it out when I put the turbo kit in this spring.

lucky son of a b*tch with that deal. My 00 was 65k miles fully loaded non-sport model for 10k.....you make me feel like I shoulda asked for more off.....

lucky son of a b*tch with that deal. My 00 was 65k miles fully loaded non-sport model for 10k.....you make me feel like I shoulda asked for more off.....

I could afford the newer car and the 2nd Gens had less problems. I only had 1 coil and a DCCV go so far and it's at 80k now.

This isn't the car to buy if you want to sell it in 2 or 3 years as you'll take a bigger hit on the depreciation compared to other cars but as a keeper the value can't be beat.

sexy

I bought this car new in 2001. Why? Looks, ride, power, handling. Its given me fits over the years with all the repairs, but I still love this car.

I never really knew about the LS, I was looking for a car to buy considering my intake gasket was gone in my grand-am. I seen my LS sitting in the dealers lot for a few days I loved the body stlye but figured it was out of my price range. Well the third day of going through the lot to see what they had for cars I decided to walk up to this car to see the inside and the price just curious. I was suprised to see that it had a manual transmission (I said to my self a Lincoln with a manual that must be rare) and the price was $11,500I went in and bought it.

i have always loved the look of the car since they came out

once I came to this site and read all the great stuff, I knew I had to buy an LS!!!

Also being able to crank up the sensitive people is just a bonus!!!

I didn't choose my LS.

My LS chose me.

lol.....I was on autotrader looking for a car. I wasnt sure what i wanted. I knew i wanted a luxury type of car with a sport feel to it but the cts was the only thing around but im a Ford guy & I like bmw & benz but just not for me I rather drive american. I didnt know about the LS untill after a few weeks of looking around on autotrader. I came across it & saw that it had everything I wanted! it was in my price range Black on black, wood & leather, 4doors, v8, moonroof & LINCOLN! when i pulled up to the dealer & saw it, my first thought was NO WAY! This car is just way too nice to be only 12k(i got it for a great price, i almost feel like i had hit the jack pot with this car)...couple hours later im driving off the lot with my BABY! after all the mods, I have made it unique with my taste wich makes me like it even more...still LOVE MY LS!

I spent a couple months looking for a Maurader...these are made of too much "unobtainium" '03's were $23K+, and '04's were upwards of $25K, if you could find them.
Then I spent a couple of months looking for an '03 F150 Harley Davidson, with the S/C 5.4 under the hood.
They were too much money, and VERY hard to find.
Then I saw an old issue of Car & Driver, saw the LS add, then remembered how much I liked them, when they came out.
I spent a couple months looking, and driving, before I settled on the one I have.
I have had all of the issues we have all endured, and I still love my LS!

I feel like I've had them all from the 87' Ford T-bird to the 00' Monte Carls SS. I have always love the LS since it hit the streets but was out of my range, price wise. Fate brought us together, {that and a misprint in the seller's magazine}. I've had her since 2007 and it has been steady chillen ever since.

I got mine so that I could fit in on this forum. And it is a great car for the price. Find me another 4 door that looks this good, has this much performance and costs this little.

Members online

No members online now.
Back