Why are the Gen 1's faster...what's required of my Gen2 to make it as quick?

v8only

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
A search didn't net me much results...I read that it's the gen 2 tune pulling timing...the gen 1 has a better intake..etc etc.

Can anyone confirm for sure what it is? What i'd need to get my 98 up to par?? How much quicker are the earlier models?

more aggressive tune and better intake makes the difference.
which isn't much.

tune, gears, and dual exhaust and it will be a beast for not alot of dough. high stall converter will help alot as well since m8s aren't too great off the line.

They stuffed some extra torque tubes in the connecting rods, as well as 8 extra horse hooves in the pistons.

Then, 4 years later, FORD realized it was a bad idea, because the 93's were kicking the 2nd gen's arses, so they stopped putting the extra torque tubes in the motors, in 93. I know, it's paradoxical, but that's what happened. True story.

Being Engineers, the FORD geeks decided to double check their findings by using the search feature on LvC back in 97 to double check their findings. Of course, they had people who actually knew how to search LvC and how to massage Google into giving them the answers they needed.

They stuffed some extra torque tubes in the connecting rods, as well as 8 extra horse hooves in the pistons.

Then, 4 years later, FORD realized it was a bad idea, because the 93's were kicking the 2nd gen's arses, so they stopped putting the extra torque tubes in the motors, in 93. I know, it's paradoxical, but that's what happened. True story.

Being Engineers, the FORD geeks decided to double check their findings by using the search feature on LvC back in 97 to double check their findings. Of course, they had people who actually knew how to search LvC and how to massage Google into giving them the answers they needed.

I absolutely love answers from people like you. I've got enough posts across the message board internet planet to go 25k at least...and I never posted idiotic replies like yours.

I mentioned I did search...I searched for about 10 minutes...saw nothing direct...didn't care to search further and decided that the topic hadn't been brought up...at least in the recent past.

If it weren't for people posting questions, message boards would never have traffic.

If you're that tired of reading posts on this message board..perhaps you should take a break.

I absolutely love answers from people like you.

Why, thank you. I aim to please.

I've got enough posts across the message board internet planet to go 25k at least...and I never posted idiotic replies like yours.

25K posts and still don't know how to properly use the vB search feature. Do a lot of searching of forums? I guess not.

Who cares about your 25K combined posts? I have over 90 million posts across the message board internet planet. See where I'm going with this?

I mentioned I did search...

Uh-huh. And what.. exactly, did you search for, again? Just saying you performed a search doesn't mean jack. I can click on the search link and type in "midgets", but that won't return me any useable results here. May I then claim I did a search as well?

I searched for about 10 minutes...

A whole 10 minutes? Wow, that's better than most. :rolleyes:

saw nothing direct...

Obviously. Because someone didn't know that you were coming to LvC and would be searching for something very direct, and as such didn't type the exact words in order to help you find something "direct". Those bastages! How dare they type stuff that won't directly return the results you're looking for!

didn't care to search further and decided that the topic hadn't been brought up...at least in the recent past.

How... exactly did you come to the conclusion that the topic hadn't been brought up in the recent past, again? Failure to search for the proper key words always makes one come to the conclusion the topic hadn't been covered in the past. Recent or otherwise.

If it weren't for people posting questions, message boards would never have traffic.

This is true. And if it weren't for people who could have easily found the information they're searching for, people like me would have no one to annoy online. It's win-win situation, don't you agree?

If you're that tired of reading posts on this message board..perhaps you should take a break.

Who said anything about being tired of reading the same question over and over from incompetent... lazy... dumb... (which one are you, incidentally?) people.

People like you bring joy to my internet browsing experience. As such, I'll hang around for a while longer... and not by your grace.

Well 2 seconds of searching your previous posts was all it took for me to realize that you're the club A-hole and have just as much BS to offer that you do tech advice.

Carry on...I'm done..My life is busy and I don't have time to play 16 year old internet pissing contests.

If anyone has anything actually useful to post...go for it.

For now, I've lined up a nice labor trade...I'm going to rebuild a friends customers t5 mustang tranny and he hooks me up with a new xcal tuner and all software to make my own tunes if i want :)

Well 2 seconds of searching your previous posts was all it took for me to realize that you're the club A-hole and have just as much BS to offer that you do tech advice.

2 seconds? Damn, I could have told you that in less than one second. Amateur....

Carry on...I'm done..My life is busy and I don't have time to play 16 year old internet pissing contests.

Your dick isn't long enough to get into a pissing contest with me. It's just how it is.

For now, I've lined up a nice labor trade...I'm going to rebuild a friends customers t5 mustang tranny and he hooks me up with a new xcal tuner and all software to make my own tunes if i want :)

And what do you know, I actually have something useful to post!

That sounds like a good deal. Please, let us know when you grenade your motor because of your lack of tuning experience. I'll ad you to the "I can tune my own car, see it go?... BOOM!" There is more to tuning a car than a simple software package.

Just because you know how to rebuild a transmission, it don't mean you know how to adjust fuel tables, timing tables and the like. Did you know the Mark VIII has several fuel and timing tables, based on what physical (that means what gear the shift selector is in) gear the car is in? Let's not talk about open and closed loop tables and the like. I didn't know that either, until the guy that does my tuning showed me the plethora of tables.

For now my intentions are to use the pre-programmed tunes that from my understanding come with it for my Mark viii.

I've been playing around with EEC IV fox's now for about 10-15 years...and more recently my p71 Crown victoria...I've done nearly everything there is to do on these cars except tune. It's been my intention to one day learn to tune....however I certainly don't want it to be at the expense of my engine. However sometimes life's lessons have to be learned by ourselves...and it wouldn't have been the 1st or 2nd or 10th engine I've swapped out. That's a long time into the future...but no doubt it's something I'll play with...Fortunately I've got a few different toy's sitting around that I can drive if I do something stupid.

This is only my opinion

The orginal market plan for the Gen 1 was the guy making low 6 figures who was contemplating buying a German counterpart...when they realized that was not who was buying the car Lincoln started offering options that appealed to their actual market (grandma's who wanted a two door sporty car but never bought a import) and sacrificed performance for puddle lamps, dual cup holders, larger buttons for controls, etc.

So that is why the Gen 1 kicks the Gen 2's ass on the track and at the stop light.

Did you know the Mark VIII has several fuel and timing tables, based on what physical (that means what gear the shift selector is in) gear the car is in? Let's not talk about open and closed loop tables and the like. I didn't know that either, until the guy that does my tuning showed me the plethora of tables.

That might help explain why mine seems to lose some power in third gear and then it comes back in fourth. I was leaning towards a new tune already due to several changes since the last tune. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back