Why a lincoln and not a cadillac?

earlfleetwood

LVC Member
Reaction score
Me, at heart I am a cadillac man. There is no sweeter ride than a 59 cadillac, or the late 80's, early 90's fleetwood broughams. I drive a lincoln now, 2001 continental, because I think that cadillac lost focus of the true luxury car line and lincoln didn't. What do you think??

Last edited:
I never liked any 80-90's cadillacs. I've always liked marks and conti's since I was a porter at fords. I wasn't about to drop 9 grand on a 98 mark with low miles so I got a 02 conti with low miles. Also my 2 of my friends have escalades, a dts, and a cts. Personaly I think cadillac makes a higher quality vehicle.

Why a Continental then and not a Town Car? That and the Deville have to be the 2 most comfortable cars on the road so why go to a Continental over a Town Car for that luxury/ride feel?

Apples to apples, I picked the LS over a CTS because the're ugly IMO (and only V6, V-Series too much $$), and test drove one...not much to write home about. I was looking at 300C's too, love those way better than the CTS and little more than the LS but the interior suck bad in them. I totaly agree with earlfleetwood, `59 Convertable, white on white with black interior, OH YEA!

The CTS were ugly I agree. CTS-V was bearable with the wheels/brakes/grille/nav/suede and what not. The new CTS is something else though. That car is unbeleivably nice in my opinion.

Oh, I agree on the new one's. That "Shield" front end is badass. But I was souly comparing same year range, '06. They started the new front end as an '07 model, right?

I have a Lincoln because I like luxury cars with plenty of power but my brother already has nearly a half dozen Cadies and I didn't want to copy him.

My first Cadillac was A 1963 Coupe De ville Black and white Loved that car. Last Cadillac Was a 1995 Seville.Sold it with 150,000 miles on it. I do still have a 1970 Coupe De Ville 472 automatic. Covered up with a tarp. Hasn't been started in two years.
My first Lincoln was a 1956 that wasn't worth a poop. I now have several Lincoln's running and parts cars .
1995 Mark
88 town car
81 Mark Coupe
two 88 tc parts cars
1972 TC needs restoring No rust
two mark VII parts cars.

I liked my 95 Seville best of all. Then The 1979 Mark V 400 motor Was the best Lincoln I had.

personally i have always liked linc besides the northstar is a piece of :q:q:q:q my brother has a dts before the dts he had a ls8 his caddy stays in the dealership he said he wished he would have kept the linc i have a 2002 conti and i choose the conti because it has more power everyone thinks the towncar is the flagship it wasnt the conti was

I have a 2000 Ls and a 2004 Cts. They both are nice cars but the Cts has a cheaper feel to it, kinda like they took parts from Chevy or Pontiac.

Members online

No members online now.
Back