Who's got the fastest 4.6L Town Car?

92SedandeVille-TownCar94

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've always been curious, what's the fastest somebody's modded a 4.6 T/C to? I thought I heard a mid 14 1/4 mile somewhere...

The cost and availability of aftermarket parts for the SOHC 4.6, more or less than the LT1 Brougham?

One guy i know of did on lincolns online. it was 1991-1995 dont recall will have to check. He did lots of things he add Nitorus and everything he had viedeos and all and he dragged raced it at the track i watched a few on line. it was on lincolnsonline.com

Well I have a 97 Town Car Cartier and I just ran a 16.18 @ 84.49MPH. Thats all stock except for the cold air intake and an ebay "chip" on the IAT sensor. Not bad for only $170 worth of mods. Stock it is supposed to run like a 17.1 or 17.2 @ like 77 I think or something like that. I don't know? But thats what my best time was. And there was another guy there who had a 95 Town Car that was completely stock and he was running 17.1's all day. So that made me feel good about the 16.18, that is a respectable time for a 2 1/2ton car in my opinion.

correct that guy swapped the 4.6l out with a 5.4l that I think he pulled it from a F-150 I believe, but ya, not the 4.6l....so he cheated.:)

Ah yes, the saudi Town Car. Anyone ever build up a 91-97 4.6 model though?

I don't have a Town Car, though I do have a '96 Grand Marquis which is mostly the same (with the powertrain being identical)

I recently completed a supercharger installation on that car:

sta72046.jpg

sta72063.jpg

If you're going to modify, a '96-'97 is strongly recommended over the 91-95s.

Ok bro, more info on the SUPERCHARGER!!!! how you did it, what kind of setup did you use, and how much did it cost you? You should actually start your own thread for this:) I want details, like all of them. I have been looking at the Allen supercharger sets for these, but you obviously went a different direction with yours.

nevermind, I just went on your website and on the others and got the info on the setup. Very nicely done. Can't wait to hear what kind of power she is putting out to the wheels and what kind of time you can get it on the track.

Nice work dRock but it is not a TC. You are the bar that I am shooting for on my TC though.

I don't have a Town Car, though I do have a '96 Grand Marquis which is mostly the same (with the powertrain being identical)

I recently completed a supercharger installation on that car:

sta72046.jpg

sta72063.jpg

If you're going to modify, a '96-'97 is strongly recommended over the 91-95s.

98 town car, worth the supercharger effort?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back