Who would have thought?

codewize

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I had no idea that we needed to 'cool' power steering fluid. The entire time I've owned mt STS I thought that the little cooler in front of the tranny cooler was for engine oil. Boy was I wrong.

I recently had a power steering leak and guess what, it was the steel line on the cooler. Ok so now the big question. Where is the oil cooler on this thing?

And hey, what are we doing to power steering fluid that it needs a cooler?

:Bang

Well that's weird...the only thing I can think of is that maybe the fluid gets hot under the compression in the pump... But that's just a shot in the dark...

Another cooler? I keep learning more everyday. I new about the tranmission cooler, but didn't know there was a cooler in front of it.

Hah you aught to see this thing. I don't know how the radiator gets any air. Condenser, radiator, trans cooler then power steering cooler. Like I said where the damn oil cooler? Then there's a fan on the front and back of the radiator.

They certainly keep me swingin' Also note that this is a 4.5 we're talking about. Yeah you know, the engine that everyone swears that GM never made.

genechaz said:
Another cooler? I keep learning more everyday. I new about the tranmission cooler, but didn't know there was a cooler in front of it.

you constantly use the power steering, so it gets hot, its basically like every other kind of fluid that needs to be cooled. and arre you sure that its not a 4.6.

Members online

No members online now.
Back