Who wears there seatbelts??

2k2ls said:
http://big-boys.com/archive63.html

go to very bad driver....nuf said

Holy :q

That reminds me of the time I was offroading and my friend (wasn't driving) didn't have his seatbelt on and was thrown around in the SUV when we got stuck in a waist/chest deep stream. He learned kinda quick about what seatbelts do.

Kamikaze said:
Why are you telling me that? I never and I mean never drive without my seatbelt it feels so strange. I was telling stateproperty that if he wanted to get play in his car to still buckle up.

I wasn't saying it to you, but rather stateproperty, i guess the quote, you quoted, didnt show up in my quote, to you :p

Haha if that makes sense!

didjital| said:
I wasn't saying it to you, but rather stateproperty, i guess the quote, you quoted, didnt show up in my quote, to you :p

Haha if that makes sense!

Yeah I know exactly what you mean like how I just quoted you but the quote you quoted didn't show up when I quoted your last post, get it? haha!

2k2ls said:
airbags werent designed to replace the belts they are only safe when used together. Oh, and I always use my belt
Yes, that's exactly what they were invented for. Maybe the newer, de-powered ones assume you're wearing your seat belt, but the whole point of putting air bags in cars was to protect people not wearing seat belts.

Kamikaze said:
No, ignoring it. It probably goes off after awhile but I've never had mines off olong enough to find out.
The owner's manual tells how to disable it. I disabled mine because it drove me nuts. I always wear my belt when I drive, but sometimes I do stuff like go into a fast food place and get food, come back out, sit in my car, turn it on so I have AC, and eat, and the beltminder would be going off the whole time I ate. It was also an annoyance when washing it sometimes.

Dutch said:
Yes, that's exactly what they were invented for. Maybe the newer, de-powered ones assume you're wearing your seat belt, but the whole point of putting air bags in cars was to protect people not wearing seat belts.
not so, you have a higher risk of being killed by the airbag than the crash if you are not wereing your belt. the brak away stering wheel is ment for that.

dertyclown said:
not so, you have a higher risk of being killed by the airbag than the crash if you are not wereing your belt. the brak away stering wheel is ment for that.

I agree with all the above, are bags are supt to kill you, they are only to assist the supplemental restraint system, as well as to prevent glass and objects to cause you injury :tmi: :wave

dertyclown said:

No. I don't want to turn this into an argument, but here's a nice, informative link for your perusal.

http://tms.ecol.net/newcars/airbag.htm

Airbags were first installed in passenger cars as an extra-cost option in the late 1960s and early 1970s on a handful of General Motors full-size cars. They were designed to inflate with great force, on the assumption that the driver/passenger would not be wearing a seat belt.

Inflation speeds of 200 mph or more -- faster than the human eye can blink -- were deemed necessary by airbag designers to compensate for the unbuckled driver's forward motion during a frontal impact.

This logic made sense at the time. Today, people typically buckle up in response to public safety campaigns and mandatory seat belt laws. Airbag design, however, continues to assume occupants are unbuckled.

And did you see the link I posted earlier???? what airbag keeps you from ending up in the back seat? And what do you do in the enent the bags dont deploy? Or what about roll-overs? Your right this isnt an argument I wear my belts for the safety you feel better without them fine by me. I'd rather lose the comfort and the car and keep the whole living thing...

2k2ls said:
And did you see the link I posted earlier???? what airbag keeps you from ending up in the back seat? And what do you do in the enent the bags dont deploy? Or what about roll-overs? Your right this isnt an argument I wear my belts for the safety you feel better without them fine by me. I'd rather lose the comfort and the car and keep the whole living thing...

I'll keep my Fantom X and condenser mic in their cases because I don't want their intestines to fly on it when it's their time to learn a lesson.

yea i strap down my es6 when I travel. Nuthin worse that a 61 key workstation smashing the back of your skull. LoL

Members online

No members online now.
Back