Who wants to see an LS Train Horn?

2005HotRodLincoln

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I could'nt upload the files all at one time, scroll down to see more.

The first picture is a switch box I made work with the horns. I avoided cutting into the car at all costs.
I can just tuck this away into the center console when its not in use.
I didnt want to cut holes for switches into the dash.

horn 1.jpg

Here you can see them mounted. Tucked away they can not be seen unless someone crawls under the car.
This way people will not guess that the loud A$$ horn came from the Lincoln.

e.jpg

Please do not mind the wiring spaghetti in the trunk, I took the picture late at night before I had it finished and tucked the wiring away. Its all hidden now, I promise.
I strapped the compressor to the spare tire, this way I didnt have to drill any more holes inn the car, and it is a HUGE sound deatnor! You can barely hear the compressor running, I have to turn the radio completely off just to make sure it kicked on...

All in all, I put this kit in my car and drilled 2 holes total. Just incase in the future if I wanted to remove it, I wouldnt be left with swiss cheese

f.jpg

another member has one... he posted a few videos on year some where (many tickets later of course)

another member has one... he posted a few videos on year some where (many tickets later of course)

I had a train horn on my ttruck before I got the LS.
Never been pulled over, never had a ticket. Also the reason why I try to keep it well hidden.
I dont have a "Horn Blasters" banner across my windshield.

I had a train horn on my ttruck before I got the LS.
Never been pulled over, never had a ticket. Also the reason why I try to keep it well hidden.
I dont have a "Horn Blasters" banner across my windshield.

Well, he'd pull into a crowded parking lot and pull right up to people walking in and ... well you can imagine

Well, he'd pull into a crowded parking lot and pull right up to people walking in and ... well you can imagine

Yeah I don't do that LOL. I only really use it if I get cut off, if someone honks at me (mines bigger), or some dumba$$ is texting at a greenlight and wont move!

One night I was driving home on I-95.
A prius was trying to merge and waited till the last minute.
I was doing 85-90 mph and the prius cut me off :mad:.
I Immediately went home and bought the kit online...
thats my story

The kit- $250.00,
Did'nt splurge for the extreme kits, I figured 152 decibels was enough.
Keep in mind I only wanted to add a little suprise to the car, not build a car around a train horn kit.

awesome! I want one of these for same reasons

The kit- $250.00,
Did'nt splurge for the extreme kits, I figured 152 decibels was enough.
Keep in mind I only wanted to add a little suprise to the car, not build a car around a train horn kit.

Link?

I have a set of 42" ones off a big truck but they sounded too low at 100psi off the shop compressor. I have a pair of 10" horns on the side of my boat and they are too high pitched.

Link?

I have a set of 42" ones off a big truck but they sounded too low at 100psi off the shop compressor. I have a pair of 10" horns on the side of my boat and they are too high pitched.

Combine the two, the sound will blend when they are blasted at the same time.
As for the link? go to Ebay, type in train horn kit. You will get lots of hits, and just shop within your budget.
The biggest challenge is finding a place to mount them. the rest of the kit is easy to install with a good wiring diagram.

Members online

Back