Who like their car audio?!

I know no one in this post wants to hear this, but this is what I want.

http://www.cdtaudio.com/series/subwoofers/hd_690cf.htm

hd-690cf_lrg.gif

Why would no one want to hear it? CT products I have heard have always sounded great.

Why would no one want to hear it? CT products I have heard have always sounded great.
No, I meant going with 6x9 subs over a 10 or 12 in the trunk. Though I already have this bad boy sitting around:

Stroker12D.gif

I prefer to keep my trunk space, and fold down functionality.

Yes my setup does beat me up like an amusement park ride :hump:;) :D and sometimes pops the trunk open even though I have the latch set extra tight LOL!

You misunderstood my smilie.

Here's mine:

Tweeters flush mounted in front doors:
IMG_9493.jpg

And an Optima Yellow Top in the trunk.

Now that setup is clean. Looks awesome.

No, I meant going with 6x9 subs over a 10 or 12 in the trunk. Though I already have this bad boy sitting around:

Stroker12D.gif

I prefer to keep my trunk space, and fold down functionality.

Theres ways around it.

What do you need to fold them down for? Im sure you can just use the navi for moving large stuff around. not much fits with the seats down anyways. If you see my setup i think youll like it.

I have the ebay box that custom fits into the trunk. As long as i can access the battery im good.

And theres some ways to mount a sub and still have fold down and trunk space.

Theres ways around it.

What do you need to fold them down for? Im sure you can just use the navi for moving large stuff around. not much fits with the seats down anyways. If you see my setup i think youll like it.

I have the ebay box that custom fits into the trunk. As long as i can access the battery im good.

And theres some ways to mount a sub and still have fold down and trunk space.
My wife typically drives the LS to work... She works across the street from Ikea. :eek:

I haven't completely talked myself out of it yet, but the 6x9's are a nice alternative. Much less weight to deal with. It's an immediate solution to the blown factory subs. If I could do a custom floor board like some of the other guys on here, that would be nice. I'm just not sure yet.

You misunderstood my smilie.

Now that setup is clean. Looks awesome.

Of course
this :bash: must refer to tweeter height :confused:
I like the tweeters at the top of the A Pillar above ear level like in my other cars I have and have had and didn't want to cut my door panels.
But I can appreciate the work of doing it another way.
It's nice to have a nice car but ultimately it's an appliance (nice fridge!) and I don't get too hung up about it.

I enjoy fine electronics.. Major pet peeve of mine is untucked or unhidden wires, and filling an entire trunk with subs, but to each his own.

Anyhow, here's my setup.

Kenwood Excelon 9990HD with XM, Bluetooth, Steering controls, Nav, Ipod, etc

nav2_zps2c7b97df.jpg

Custom Built fiberglass box with a JL 10-W6

IMG_5354_zpse4dcbff9.jpg

IMG_5353_zpse454d6b3.jpg

Full access to spare and battery is retained.. The amp is mounted on a hinged amp rack that sits on the spare tire. It's a Memphis 500.1

Awaiting install are two sets of FOCAL polyglass 165 Components, A JL 400/4, Kenwood CMOS 210 Backup Camera, and a compustar SS Alarm Starter.. I'll be getting to that project later next week after I get my Cobra out of the garage

IMG_5337_zps2a5fa8b6.jpg

I enjoy fine electronics.. Major pet peeve of mine is untucked or unhidden wires, and filling an entire trunk with subs, but to each his own.

Anyhow, here's my setup.

Kenwood Excelon 9990HD with XM, Bluetooth, Steering controls, Nav, Ipod, etc

nav2_zps2c7b97df.jpg

Custom Built fiberglass box with a JL 10-W6

IMG_5354_zpse4dcbff9.jpg

IMG_5353_zpse454d6b3.jpg

Full access to spare and battery is retained.. The amp is mounted on a hinged amp rack that sits on the spare tire. It's a Memphis 500.1

Awaiting install are two sets of FOCAL polyglass 165 Components, A JL 400/4, Kenwood CMOS 210 Backup Camera, and a compustar SS Alarm Starter.. I'll be getting to that project later next week after I get my Cobra out of the garage

IMG_5337_zps2a5fa8b6.jpg

I would love to have a molded box like that nice work! I want my trunk space back so bad and I am willing to go back to one sub. I also want to be able to get to the battery without taking all the stuff out of the trunk.

I would love to have a molded box like that nice work! I want my trunk space back so bad and I am willing to go back to one sub. I also want to be able to get to the battery without taking all the stuff out of the trunk.

I will gladly give you a step by step and supplies needed, but it will pretty much have to be a 10 if you want it countersunk, otherwise, you can probably slip a 12 in there. I had a Type R I wanted to use, but ended up buying a 10W6. I'm blown away with how loud and clean the single 10 is though..

^ what does that even mean? am I the only one? "Chuck E Cheese"?

Here's a quick look at my setup.
Nothing too nice but it sounds awesome.

Kenwood DNX9990HD
dash.jpg

JL AUDIO 1200/1V3 AND JL AUDIO 300/4V3
amps.jpg

Subs are 12" Almani S7's in a 5 cu. ft. box. (each sub has its own 2.5 cu. ft.)
The ports for the box run up through the rear panel as you can see in the pic.
20140108_152011.jpg
20140111_124910.jpg
trunk.jpg

dash.jpg

amps.jpg

20140108_152011.jpg

20140111_124910.jpg

trunk.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back