Who knows electrical?

Abstract Art

LVC Member
Reaction score
...Cause my radio wont turn on. The clock on it works, all the fuses are good. My radio did work but then it stopped working. Also, since i've owned the thing the antenna doesn't retract, and the trunk button in teh glove box won't work. Anyone got any idea's?

Abstract Art said:
...Cause my radio wont turn on. The clock on it works, all the fuses are good. My radio did work but then it stopped working. Also, since i've owned the thing the antenna doesn't retract, and the trunk button in teh glove box won't work. Anyone got any idea's?

ok need a lil more info year would be great

I second ERIC

Sounds like fuse issues. There could be up to 4 fuses boxes in the cadillac. Depending on the year. Possible, one in the trunk, glove box, driver or passenger side dash or under hood. I would speculate fuses first, if not they all sound like easily fixable options.

From your other posts, I found you have an 86 Deville. There should be a fuse panel by the emergency brake, folded up in the dash. There is also one above the beauty panel in the passenger side of the dash, on the bottom of the relay center. As far as the radio, if all the fuses check out, the power buttons on those are known to go. I dont suppose you have the fuel door release do you? If so, does that work? It's fed off the same circut, and if that works, it narrows it down to a poor ground or a wiring problem in the release circut. With two things not working however, I would strongly recommend checking the fuses first.

i didn't realize that there was a second fuse box, i will take a look at that later. And it could be the power button on the radio because it does sound like its clicking on, you can hear the speaks sort of pop, not loud or violently to the point where you think you've blown you speakers, but just a really little bit if you turn off the engine and tell everyone to shutup, you can hear it. How would i go about fixing the button? Also i'll check that other fuse box

Abstract Art said:
i didn't realize that there was a second fuse box, i will take a look at that later. And it could be the power button on the radio because it does sound like its clicking on, you can hear the speaks sort of pop, not loud or violently to the point where you think you've blown you speakers, but just a really little bit if you turn off the engine and tell everyone to shutup, you can hear it. How would i go about fixing the button? Also i'll check that other fuse box

Might sound silly, but have you tried holding the button in? If it works as long as you hold it, you found the problem.

tried holding it in, have before. It does click in, so maybe its not the power button? i dunno. i couldn't find that second fuse box but i'll take a better look later. I found my car with a flat tire so i was pretty pissed.

Members online

Back