WhO know the most about T/c's?????

JMIG118

LVC Member
Reaction score
Guy he is my question. does the shade of red on the rear tail lights change form 95-96 model to the 97 model. the reson i ask is that i had a minor fender bender and damaged my one of my tail lights, i went to a junk yard and brought a replacement off a 95 t/c, it same design but it seem to be a tad bit darker then the one on my car....does anyone if it is a change that happen between years?

Not sure of the shade of red, most likely yes...

If you look at the design of the interior of the fixture, you will see that 90-94 are the same, but the 95-97 have changed. Looks like there are little squares...

90-97 are the same tail lights, yours might of been a little sun damage compared to the ones you bought, but they are ALL the same...!!! but the middle sections which can either be reflectors or lights depending on the series...(where your back-up lights are)

90-94 trim and int(s) are the same...back-up lights are towards outside (next to stop lights)
95-97 rim and int(s) are the same... back-up lights are centered (it also has chrome trim that divides it into 3 pieces)

Yeah, I think they are all the same shade, some might be faded from the sun and what not.

Hi Guys

Let's dispel some myths here.

90 - 92 tail lights/reflector panel are the same (reflector pattern in the lens is stripes).
93 - 94 tail lights/reflector panel are the same (reflector pattern in the lens is little squares).
95 - 97 tail lights/reflector panel are the same.

All tail lights will interchange, so will 90 - 94 reflector panels, fitting a 95 - 97 reflector panel to an earlier TC will require cutting holes in the rear panel for the lamp holders.

With regards to the colour I suspect one has faded with time.

Regards

Dereck

well the fading form the sun makes a lot of sence, but can it be that desiger trim t/c like my...may have different color? all the tail lights center bar and right side have the same brighter color than the one that came off the other t/c ....oh yeah my undamage tail light's emblem in gold which i have found hard to come across...

Hi JMIG118

Ford never made tail lights with a gold logo, you have some aftermarket sh*t there, probably dealer installed to try and boost sales.

Do you also have a carriage roof?

Regards

Dereck

it the top of the line model that man in the whitehouse drives all in... check it out in my profile pics. so u think it aftermarket part because it has ford stamped on it. and it has the same model # as the other one....uh so there no gold tail light for lincolns.....so what you think the dealer plated them...uh...who else know if there where any gold light for 97 t/c ...also my center bar does not light up....it has no opening for bulds at all nor a wire for it....what up with that...?

What matters more than the shade of a 90 and a 97 would be the Lincoln logo, on the 90-94 it sticks out of the light, and 95-95 its indented in the light.

i have not take any pic of the tail lights....and it is leather factory full top. it the best looking top....it hard to find this model and again in all black.....what is weird is that the car was fully load but doesn't have a light bar that don't light up it like a deleted option. what can u tell about that?

Hi JMIG118

The gold tail light logo was either painted by the dealer himself or the dealer sent the car to a coach builder/bodyshop.

Also there is no such thing as a factory fitted carraige roof they were all dealer fitted, the Presidential package is dealer fitted gimmick to sell cars

Ford deleted the illuminated reflector panel but I do not know the details of that as there are a lot of people whose does not light up.

Finally the top Town Car model is a Cartier.

Regards

Dereck

you know what i think, that the cartier t/c have the brighter shade tail lights that i'm talking about.... can anyone find out on this??? can dont they come in gold??

Members online

Back