Who has the Euro Struts?

PGA2B

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Before this gets into the "Are they Struts or Shocks debate" let me say SAVE IT. I don't want to hear it.

Now, I would like to hear from anyone who has the Euro Strut setup. My Sport set up is old and needs to be replaced but I want to hear from you who have changed to the Euro setup. How much different than the Sport is it? I talked to Ken yesterday and it perked my interest. I changed to Eibach's and it improved the ride and believe it or not my 20's improved it even more(better tires);) . So I want to hear from the Euro LS's.

I had the Euro shocks (no debate, they are, by definition, shocks and not struts) for a while. They are very stiff. With the Springtech springs the ride approached brutal. I went back to the sport shocks and have never looked back. With the rubberband sidewalls the 20" wheels dictate I would think you would shake your fillings loose. IMHO, stick with the sport shocks.

I have the euro shocks in my 2002 LS Sport with V8. Last summer I went to town, replaced hoses, belt, thermostat, spark plugs, front and rear brake pads (ceramic - akebono euro) Rotors (Motorcraft) and euro shocks.

To be honest, I think I enjoyed the ride and handling with sport shocks more, I also believe the car handled marginally better with the original sport shocks.

That’s my two cents.

I've yet to see ANYONE post that they were fully satisfied with the Euros. Sport Package struts/shocks and Eibachs are the most popular.

I've had the euros and Eibachs for about a year now and the handling is definaely better, but as you would expect the ride is not as smooth as the sport, but not intolerable either. I wouldn't have a problem driving long distance with them, but then again, my priority is for better handling over a smoother ride.

Members online

No members online now.
Back