who has a manual trans?

jokken

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I was wonder how many people here have the 5spd manual like I do. I have seen a lot of pictures of peoples cars but all so far are autos.

I've got one...

I have a manual, 2000 LS They only made around 2000 from 00' to 02'....

I'm plannin on keeping mine for a long time...

I have a 2000 manual. Love the car, had to get it to my standards since he original owner didn't take care of it. Amazing how you can spend 38k on a car and treat it like crap:Bang . Oh well his loss, only paid $5700 a bunch of minor maintanence and the car is running like a champ:Beer

v8?

i read somewhere that the five speed only came on an option on the v6...is this true?

the only reason I bought my LS, 'cause its got a stick....and I love driving it!

cj7man said:
the only reason I bought my LS, 'cause its got a stick....and I love driving it!

i agree the only reason I bought my LS was becasue it was a stick, otherwise I woulda passed it right by as it would have been just another sedan. Luckily I didn't miss out.

00ls5spd, guess I shoulda realized you had a manual after seeing your username so many times now. :Bang eeesshh this is like the 3rd time I look like a moron on this forum...

no worries one guy on here asked me if the name meant I had an SST or manual not sure what he meant but oh well...your not the only one who has moronic episodes on here....lol

I also have a 2000 LS with a manual transmission. I have driven a stick for over 15 years and getting another one was a prerequisite when I bought the LS. I would not settle for an automatic so I located one in Texas, flew there and drove it back to Allentown PA.
What a great ride!

I missed getting a sweet black 5spd by about 2 days, someone snagged it from under me. Jerk. :bash:

Fla02LS said:
I missed getting a sweet black 5spd by about 2 days, someone snagged it from under me. Jerk. :bash:

Not to throw salt in your wounds, but, mines black with a black interior.
(Looks more charcoal grey than pure black though).

LincolnDriver said:
Not to throw salt in your wounds, but, mines black with a black interior.
(Looks more charcoal grey than pure black though).
Same car...if you bought it in Orlando then i'd be wanting to hunt ya down :)

Been driving since 78, never owned an automatic, never owned anything but RWD. Wouldn't have it any other way. Thats why I bought the LS.

I have a 01 Black on Black LS , LOVE IT!! I never knew they came stick until I found it, always wanted a LS this just made it better.

i have an 02 silver with a stick, and i wasnt rippin off the other 5spd name, i didnt no when i signed up.

LS MTX production #

There were 1941 LS manual transmission cars produced, only 266 of those were made in 2002, 465 in 2001 and 1210 in 2000 MY's. If you've got one hang on to it, the resale prices have bottomed and should hold steady for a few years before they start climbing.

5 spd rules

I had a 2000 LS sport 5 spd & I still think about that car almost every day .I want a 01 or 02 next time though my 00 had some minor problems 1st yr of production maybe??:D

I've got a Silver 2001. Been a great car. Over 90,000 miles. Wouldn't have bought it if it hadn't had a manual tranny. My wife's car now. I bought an 05 GTO this summer. Nice to finally have some true HP and Torque.

SMW2001LS said:
I've got a Silver 2001. Been a great car. Over 90,000 miles. Wouldn't have bought it if it hadn't had a manual tranny. My wife's car now. I bought an 05 GTO this summer. Nice to finally have some true HP and Torque.

I can't believe GM killed the GTO. As a Cobra owner, I think competition is a good thing. The loss of the GTO cannot be good for the performance market in general. At least Mopar is upping the ante with some great cars. But I wonder where GM is headed. Makes me think they don't have the desire to produce the new Camaro. Sad.

2001LS8Sport said:
I can't believe GM killed the GTO.

The chassis is going out of production in Australia. Replacement RWD chassis was delayed to move up the SUV introductions to increase cash flow.

Camaro (if built) will be built on the new RWD chassis, other cars should include Impala (some debate over FWD or RWD so there maybe a new name with Impala remaining FWD), GTO, Camaro and a RWD Buick. GM is slowly moving in the right direction (though in my opinion the delay in the Zeta RWD was a mistake) unlike Ford where they kill the best RWD platform they have and marketing can't even manage the simple task of naming their cars right.

5spd

I have a 00' 5 spd. That is the reason I got it. Some minor issues. Got it with 34,000 miles on it and added another 30,000 to it. Grey on grey. I recently scared the crap out of a co worker that wanted to know what the car would do while dropping him off after a work dinner is SF Going thru the tonier neighbor hoods on the hill. I love that you can make the car dance if you want. Some minor issues, but the powertrain is rock solid. A ball to drive.

By the way I contact Licoln to find the actual number of 5speeds made and all I got from them was "we do not keep records according to packages..... but approximately 10% of the first two years production were manual tansimission." This was some what helpful but I read the same thing on car and driver.

damcost said:
By the way I contact Licoln to find the actual number of 5speeds made and all I got from them was "we do not keep records according to packages..... but approximately 10% of the first two years production were manual tansimission." This was some what helpful but I read the same thing on car and driver.

I wanted to get a 5sp but i ended up finding out it was only on the v6 which didnt make much sense to me. So i decided to go with the v8

Members online

No members online now.
Back